Making it easier to copy text from the description

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
BookOfBen

Making it easier to copy text from the description

Post by BookOfBen »

I was going through samples that I hadn't listened to, and found this page
https://watzatsong.com/en/name-that-tune/719843.html

In it, rebornjar comments
"The closest I could get and why you folks put links in the description , it's easier to copy and paste in the comments , no typos... "

My first thought was that the requester is probably new, and doesn't know to put links in the comment

My second thought was hey, why is it hard to copy from the description? This is a UX issue that should be be fixed.

Clicking on the description links you to... the same page that you're already on. Having the description be a giant button makes it hard to select text from the description on mobile, and the link serves no purpose (as far as I can tell).

So I suggest removing the link from the description to make it easier to select text on mobile.
Czar
Site Admin

Re: Making it easier to copy text from the description

Post by Czar »

Thank you for your report. We will add this to our list of changes.
Hernan

Re: Making it easier to copy text from the description

Post by Hernan »

I can tell from experience that on September 13, 2019 rebornjar sent me a message saying:
Hi, can you do me a favor and place your links in the comments, it is easier to copy and paste (no typos). But maybe I have always missed something here ...
I told him it was faster to add it in the sample description so I could check it faster, and copy/paste it in a new tab, specially the old ones. After that, he recommended me to do it in both. I agreed with that.

I know this might not be anything special but I just wanted to let you know this ain't something new. Plus, I don't think it was for being a recent member, I hadn't got this message until after a year of adding full links of my samples to the description.
- H