New business model = win win win? YOUR FEEDBACK IS NEEDED!!!

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
admin
Site Admin

Re: New business model = win win win? YOUR FEEDBACK IS NEEDED!!!

Post by admin »

Dear Hernan,

The post was deleted because it's actually off-topic. This discussion is about the business model someone suggested and not about search terms and Shazam. Images were also too big and will make reading the topic after your posts hard for others. Please don't get offended and I hope you will understand

Hernan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:54 pm So, I was issued a warning just because I disagreed with Czar and the posts were removed. Incredible.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

admin wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:59 pm Dear Hernan,

The post was deleted because it's actually off-topic. This discussion is about the business model someone suggested and not about search terms and Shazam. Images were also too big and will make reading the topic after your posts hard for others. Please don't get offended and I hope you will understand

Hernan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:54 pm So, I was issued a warning just because I disagreed with Czar and the posts were removed. Incredible.
Off topic, are you kidding me chabón? Aside from saying that I just gave my opinion but Czar decided to focus his attention on the first paragraph, so he was the one that went off topic first. I replied with a photo from Google Trends showing which results are more visited, showing "watzatsong" and "Shazam". I wasn't on the laptop (my sister was using it) so I uploaded through the only way I knew, added the question "are you sure?". Then, you decided to log in as admin (since Czar doesn't have the face to reply) and issued the warning. I wanted to support NEOTRON (and many other's opinions) but seeing my opinions will be opressed, I guess I'm not going to take part of any conversation. Plus, stop starting the messages with "Dear Hernan", you give me bad chills.
- H
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

I am sorry, but I don't understand why you are referring to search results "watzatsong" VS "Shazam"? There is NO point to compare here lol
I was just trying to explain that not all of the users we have know about Shazam and they search Google for different terms, not Shazam obviously if they don't know of its existence
Hernan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 6:17 pm
admin wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 5:59 pm Dear Hernan,

Off topic, are you kidding me chabón? Aside from saying that I just gave my opinion but Czar decided to focus his attention on the first paragraph, so he was the one that went off topic first. I replied with a photo from Google Trends showing which results are more visited, showing "watzatsong" and "Shazam". I wasn't on the laptop (my sister was using it) so I uploaded through the only way I knew, added the question "are you sure?". Then, you decided to log in as admin (since Czar doesn't have the face to reply) and issued the warning. I wanted to support NEOTRON (and many other's opinions) but seeing my opinions will be opressed, I guess I'm not going to take part of any conversation. Plus, stop starting the messages with "Dear Hernan", you give me bad chills.
zozinhoe

Post by zozinhoe »

This suggestion raises a number of issues that I have written about before:

viewtopic.php?p=267#p267
viewtopic.php?p=321#p321

I’ve also written before about why I’m here. Now, once again, I describe here that I am not interested in any
rewards/prizes/points/coins/tokens, whatever. (Yes, I know they say no selfless help)
However, there are those for whom it is really so important to identify a song that they're willing to pay for it. I think this should be discussed between the requester and the solver, it is unnecessary to involve the website in this. There would be a lot of greedy, insatiable profiteers, which would overload the site and make normal communication impossible as well.
In my experience, most users only visit here for a few songs, fewer who post regularly, and even fewer who pay for an identification.

It is important to note that I am only a user, this will be decided by the owners.
But if there will be any reward/prize/point/coin/token system, I probably won’t participate in it.
Ƶ
Nanah

Post by Nanah »

I am against this model.

Although this idea is not bad eo ipso and has some positive points, its implementation would be very complicated and the negative sides would win. I see that some have mentioned possible scams. It's also clear that the Shazamers would easily make money this way.

( OFF: I was looking for a song in 2017. and so came across WZS on Google. I heard about Shazam and other apps from other WZS members ( I didn’t even know they existed ). So, it is quite possible to find the WZS first! )

Shazamers have their merits on the site, and indeed many people do not know about apps, so Shazamers are useful for some songs, and they have their share in helping people. However, if this system would start, people like me ( and I personally ) would get into the absurd situation of “earning” about 10-20 $ after we spent hours and days searching, and the Shazamers would get hundreds of dollars for the job of copy/paste answers from the software. Money aside, but that would make me angry because it’s simply not fair. The very fact that the Shazamers are better on the ranking than the people who are able to find rare songs - is irritating, so that the system with cash prizes would be just a copy of the ranking, or - paid ranking.

It would only make some sense if the songs were evaluated differently, something like:

1 point for a song in the software;

5 points for a song that is not in the software and was found in the first 30 days;

10 points for a song that is very hidden ( 31 - 499 days );

25 points for a song that is a big mystery ( 500 - 1999 days );

50 points for a song that is a huge mystery ( 2000+ days );

500 points for the most mysterious song on the internet.

But that would require additional resources and staff, as thousands of samples would have to be estimated. There is also the fact that old samples ( like 200+ days old ) sometimes appear in the software over night, so moderators would have to run each sample through several softwares, even old samples. The scope of that work is huge, but only such a system would be completely fair. Sure, some will say: "We can all use Shazam" but we can’t, because many don’t use it out of principle; besides, if we all switch to Shazam who will look for other songs?

There is another objection: some users don't speak English at all and often do not know how to click the "Refuse All" button. It will be difficult for them to understand this model.

Why did I say this idea isn’t totally bad?

1. We really need more people motivated to look for music, but I think that can be achieved in another way, for example by advertising the site in different countries. Why did I find some Spanish, Italian or Arabic songs on this site when I don't speak those languages? Because we don't have enough ACTIVE Spaniards, Italians, Arabs. They do not know that this site exists.

2. It should be taken into account that this hobby consuming time and that is the second reason why we do not have thousands of daily active members, people simply do not have enough free time ( in addition to the fact that many do not know about this site at all, especially people in non-English speaking areas ). It takes hours and hours, days and months of dedicated work to become really good at this: first comes the training ( 3-6 months ) and then work, work everyday, blood, sweat and tears for members struggling with the most difficult tasks. If we could make a living from this, some of us would agree. Why not, people sing or dance for a living, maybe things like this are the jobs of the future? The number of songs is unimaginably large, it takes like 1000 human lives to listen to 5 or 10% of the entire world opus. We are constantly looking for a needle in a haystack. We lose nerves and time, our eyes and legs hurt from staring at the screen and prolonged sitting... But this is an idea that, as I said, is very difficult to put into practice so that everyone benefits and enjoys.

Finally, for most of us, the greatest reward is that we've made someone happy, at least for one day.

Also, we are thrilled when we find good music for ourselves, which happens literally every day at WZS.

Certainly, it’s great that the new WZS team is considering all the options and ideas and appreciating our opinion. We've had this before, to be honest - Raphael and Katynett have listened carefully to our ideas, respected our opinions and solved problems, but it's nice that this practice continues and expands. In the end, you will never achieve that all members are completely satisfied and happy, there will always be something bothering someone and complaining, but that is quite expected and normal. You've made a lot of important changes lately and deserve all the praise!
BookOfBen

Post by BookOfBen »

I'm not a fan of WZS-coin.
I come here to have fun, not to get paid.
I'm happy to help, and if I can't find the song itself, but I have info that could help someone else find the song, I'll share the info in the comments, because our purpose here is to help the requester, and sometimes that requires a team effort.

But WZS-Coin shifts the purpose slightly from "we're here to help the requester" to "we're here to win bounties", and could shift the attitude from one of cooperation between users to one of individual competition.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Thank you all for taking the time and post your feedback here. It's really greatly appreciated!!!

As I previously mentioned, our top priority is what the community wants and even though this rearward system would've also benefit the WTZ owners, we won't be implementing it, at least not now and not in the way that might make a lot of our respects music enthusiast feel bad.

Thank you Nanah for those great words!
Finally, for most of us, the greatest reward is that we've made someone happy, at least for one day.
Also, we are thrilled when we find good music for ourselves, which happens literally every day at WZS.
IMADJ

Post by IMADJ »

Just adding in my two-cents on the matter as I have been a part of the WZS community for over a decade now. I have seen changes from the original site to what it is now, as well as the introduction of the WZS App where I was a Beta Tester. I currently have a new baby at home though, so I haven't been as active on the site as of late.

There are pros and cons to the discussed pay-out format. If something like this is to work, I would rather see it be integrated into the premium feature. If a user buys a premium spot for their sample, WZS makes money which is important for the site to remain functional and of value to WZS's owner (sites are not cheap to run or maintain). Rather than someone receiving money for finding the tracks that are made premium, a set value should be added to the track for someone finding it and that value can be paid out in points to add to someone's rank AS WELL as them receiving WZS coins that are equal in value to the amount someone paid to WZS ($5 = 5 WZS Coins + 5 Points).

This eliminates people getting paid, but still adds value to someone finding a track. Rankings used to be quite a big deal on the site and it was fun for people to collect their points for their rankings.

This also being said, maybe we could look into rewarding the highest ranked users of each week with additional points or WZS coins as they are the top members who are finding tracks. Better yet, maybe we could look at a way to turn those ranking points into WZS coins?? And maybe we could even develop a feature where you could gift coins to other members (although this would need to be debated further as there are ways that this could be taken advantage of).

I really love seeing so many features continuing to be added and bugs fixed along the way.

Stay wonderful everybody!!
user3322

Post by user3322 »

This blah blah blah is no good! I think we need to make this idea as possible to improve. But no method is suitable for that.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

We are adding appreciation badges this week that will be given as a special thank you to our top contributors:

Bronze badge with one star will be given to those who successfully identified at least 20 songs a month (all proposals must be approved)
Silver badge with two stars will be given to those who successfully identified at least 50 songs a month (all proposals must be approved)
Gold badge with three stars will be given to those who successfully identified at least 100 songs a month (all proposals must be approved)

Special contributor badge will be given to those that selected the "remove ads option" and contributed to WTZ. That will help us to continue adding more features to the website.