I Get Email Reminders of Proposals but Not When I Initially Get Them

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
Hernan

I Get Email Reminders of Proposals but Not When I Initially Get Them

Post by Hernan »

I don't know if it's just me but for some reason I'm not getting emails of when I have a proposal for my samples. I don't learn about it until the reminder (that appears after two days of the initial proposal) is sent to my mail box. Is this happening to anyone else?

I'm using Outlook by the way.
- H
juance

Re: I Get Email Reminders of Proposals but Not When I Initially Get Them

Post by juance »

I think the email system has been dysfunctional for at least half a year. Sometimes it takes over a day for me to receive an email, and other times it doesn't send me any email at all.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

juance wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 3:10 am I think the email system has been dysfunctional for at least half a year. Sometimes it takes over a day for me to receive an email, and other times it doesn't send me any email at all.
Yeah, I can vouch for that because a few months ago (circa July/August) it has been happening to me. However, it seemed that issue was fixed after the ownership change but it has come back.
- H
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

We've changed the email service so all emails should be delivered almost instantly. We've made some improvements in the email system to avoid sending too many emails for the same thing - for example when you make a comment and you receive an email for that.
This issue might be related to that change. We will check ASAP and fix it.

Any other cases when emails are not received?
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

I just tested this myself and received a notification for a proposal on my sample within 30 seconds. Is it possible that may be email notifications are going to your spam box?
Could you please try with forgotten password and let me know if you've received that email?
Is anyone else experiencing this issue?
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Czar wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:40 am I just tested this myself and received a notification for a proposal on my sample within 30 seconds. Is it possible that may be email notifications are going to your spam box?
Could you please try with forgotten password and let me know if you've received that email?
I know what you're thinking but you're talking to someone who checkes the spam box EVERY day.

I'll let you know if I receive an email of forgotten password.
- H
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Please let me know so we can investigate this further.

You can also private message me your email. Thank you
Hernan wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 6:45 pm
Czar wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 10:40 am I just tested this myself and received a notification for a proposal on my sample within 30 seconds. Is it possible that may be email notifications are going to your spam box?
I know what you're thinking but you're talking to someone who checkes the spam box EVERY day.

I'll let you know if I receive an email of forgotten password.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Czar wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 7:04 pm Please let me know so we can investigate this further.

You can also private message me your email. Thank you
After an hour and a half, I have not received the forgotten password email. I use the same email for both, forums and WZS account.
- H
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Password recovery emails are now received instantly which makes me believe that you have some kind of an issue with your email or a conflict between the systems. Could you please private message me your email
Thank you!
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Czar wrote: Tue Oct 05, 2021 8:34 pm Password recovery emails are now received instantly which makes me believe that you have some kind of an issue with your email or a conflict between the systems. Could you please private message me your email
Thank you!
I really hate to sound pushy but any updates? I've sent the PM the second I saw this message, which was basically minutes after you made the post.
- H