Requesting deletion of my profile

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
bestpenguin

Requesting deletion of my profile

Post by bestpenguin »

Requesting deletion of my WZS profile as per the instructions from the delete button on my profile page:
"Please use the Feedback & Support form to request a profile deletion."
I could not find any "Feedback & Support form" anywhere, so that's why I am trying here.
(BTW, it's ridiculous to have to make an account in order to request for an account to be deleted.)
User name: bestpenguin
Thanks.
Hernan

Re: Requesting deletion of my profile

Post by Hernan »

If you want to know where the idea come from...
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=75
- H
bestpenguin

Post by bestpenguin »

Thanks. I've used WZS on and off for many years. (I still remember when it looked like this: https://web.archive.org/web/20110208065 ... ng.com/EN/ ). I used to have a different account, but lost the matching email account, so I just made a new one. I am aware of this problem (and many, many others), but it still makes no sense whatsoever to make someone register for a forum account, so they can ask to have their WZS account deleted, IMO.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

bestpenguin wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:19 pm ...but it still makes no sense whatsoever to make someone register for a forum account, so they can ask to have their WZS account deleted, IMO.
Does the email account [email protected] work for you? I normally send emails to the owner back in the day and he would reply. No idea now though.
- H
bestpenguin

Post by bestpenguin »

Thank you! I did not know this email address. Will give it a try, if asking here does not work. Account is still live at this point in time.

Edit: Damn, I just found the "Feedback & Support" button. It doesn't pop up with Firefox, but I use a different browser at my place of work and there it is! Big and orange! :D
Last edited by bestpenguin on Sun Oct 03, 2021 10:34 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

No problem jefe, happy to help you.
- H
dage

Post by dage »

Why can’t I understand what you mean, I hope I can delete it "Your own question (of course, the question without answer)". Take care of obsessive disorder
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

We are working on a function where users will be able to delete accounts without losing their data - posts, proposals, voting, comments, etc. It will be implemented shortly. Please be patient

bestpenguin wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 8:19 pm Thanks. I've used WZS on and off for many years. (I still remember when it looked like this: https://web.archive.org/web/20110208065 ... ng.com/EN/ ). I used to have a different account, but lost the matching email account, so I just made a new one. I am aware of this problem (and many, many others), but it still makes no sense whatsoever to make someone register for a forum account, so they can ask to have their WZS account deleted, IMO.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Please go ahead and delete your profile.
bestpenguin wrote: Sun Oct 03, 2021 6:26 pm Requesting deletion of my WZS profile as per the instructions from the delete button on my profile page:
"Please use the Feedback & Support form to request a profile deletion."
I could not find any "Feedback & Support form" anywhere, so that's why I am trying here.
(BTW, it's ridiculous to have to make an account in order to request for an account to be deleted.)
User name: bestpenguin
Thanks.