Very short samples

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
user3322

Very short samples

Post by user3322 »

I propose to prohibit the publication of very short samples, from one to ten seconds.
BookOfBen

Re: Very short samples

Post by BookOfBen »

I think a 10 second limit is too long.

For popular or distinct enough tunes, it can be possible to identify them with less than 10 seconds. The Mario Kart saxophone lick is only 5 seconds long (https://youtu.be/3rD-tdEFKlg) , and is readily identifiable to anyone who's heard it, but would not be allowed if a 10 second limit was imposed.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

You must be really crazy about that. I've had (and still have) audios that don't reach the +10 minutes long and were still identified. Outside of that, some quizes may have few seconds of the song (let's say four or five minutes, specifically the intro). Plus, some people may get away with that and loop the whole file until it reaches +10 minutes.
Last edited by Hernan on Sat Oct 02, 2021 7:52 pm, edited 1 time in total.
- H
juance

Post by juance »

I do agree that very short samples shouldn't be allowed, but my idea of very short is less than 3 seconds. However, I can understand if people would disagree. I think some samples can be easily recognized with as little as 1 second of length, assuming the sample is part of the actual song and there is no distortion. My issue is when people recreate or hum a song with not enough notes to be considered a melody.
Last edited by juance on Sat Oct 02, 2021 10:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.
user3322

Post by user3322 »

Yes, I made a reservation, sorry. I mean samples that are less than 3 seconds long.
Of course this does not apply to the quiz.

Although, now the playback time of the sample has been changed by repetition. This is a really interesting solution)