Delete Profile

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
user3322

Delete Profile

Post by user3322 »

My dear friends, so if you have anything to say for or against this option?
Please take part
user3322

Re: Delete Profile

Post by user3322 »

The most unnecessary function on the site
morback

Post by morback »

Yes this option is useless and even harmful. I remember earlier user can delete his own sample (in most common cases with unconfirmed proposal) with button "report abuse" which lately was removed (but Katynett and TheMoutch could do that). And proposal remained in "pending" of answerer for eternity (later it was fixed also). But with deletion of user's profiles many interesting samples were gone and most of them were never restored.

So I vote up for removing this option
P.S. I'm still afraid also for occasional hitting this button and worst nightmare that my profile will be gone for eternity
user3322

Post by user3322 »

Many members delete their profiles intentionally or unintentionally by mistake. But we all see that a huge number of songs that have been identified are missing. This is one of the biggest problems on the site.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

We will implement a "fix" for this where even the user deletes his/her profile, the posts, proposals, etc. will be kept on the site under a default user profile.
user3322

Post by user3322 »

Czar wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 12:26 pm We will implement a "fix" for this where even the user deletes his/her profile, the posts, proposals, etc. will be kept on the site under a default user profile.
It's not bad, but still look at what I suggest. This is important and not only for me
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

So the best solution you think is to just hide this option?
Katynett

Post by Katynett »

You can't prevent someone from erasing their personal data. We must therefore give the possibility somewhere, perhaps by making a request to a moderator and explain this possibility in the FAQ.
Katynett

Post by Katynett »

the profile should be able to be deleted but the answers should remain in the profiles of those who answered.
user3322

Post by user3322 »

Katynett wrote: Sat Oct 02, 2021 1:03 pm You can't prevent someone from erasing their personal data. We must therefore give the possibility somewhere, perhaps by making a request to a moderator and explain this possibility in the FAQ.
Then let's do it through you or another moderator. But nothing else