Auto-confirmation

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
zozinhoe

Auto-confirmation

Post by zozinhoe »

Dear Admins,

The auto confirmation feature is very useful, but...
Recently, a specific user has been abusing it on a regular basis.
On several occasions, s/he gives an incorrect answer, to which s/he immediately gets two likes, so s/he probably works with two other users, but I also don't rule out that s/he has a triple profile (s/he gives likes to her/himself).
An incorrect answer is automatically confirmed after 7 days. As I mentioned, this feature is useful, but not if someone is abusing it.

My suggestion is that in such a case, the Admins will invalidate the confirmation at the request of the requester or other user(s).
I know the dislike button has failed, but imagine where it will lead if more and more people start using this option.

Of course, I also look forward to hearing from other users concerned.
Ƶ
admin
Site Admin

Re: Auto-confirmation

Post by admin »

Why would someone want to do this? What's the purpose of getting something verified in a wrong way?

zozinhoe wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 2:32 pm Dear Admins,

The auto confirmation feature is very useful, but...
Recently, a specific user has been abusing it on a regular basis.
On several occasions, s/he gives an incorrect answer, to which s/he immediately gets two likes, so s/he probably works with two other users, but I also don't rule out that s/he has a triple profile (s/he gives likes to her/himself).
An incorrect answer is automatically confirmed after 7 days. As I mentioned, this feature is useful, but not if someone is abusing it.

My suggestion is that in such a case, the Admins will invalidate the confirmation at the request of the requester or other user(s).
I know the dislike button has failed, but imagine where it will lead if more and more people start using this option.

Of course, I also look forward to hearing from other users concerned.
bruno81

Post by bruno81 »

zozinhoe, we have known for a long time the problem of those members who have multiple accounts but there is no perfect solution at the moment

zozinhoe, on connaît le problème depuis longtemps de ces membres qui ont plusieurs comptes mais il n'y a pas de solution parfaite pour le moment
zozinhoe

Post by zozinhoe »

admin wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:27 pm Why would someone want to do this? What's the purpose of getting something verified in a wrong way?
Well, I'm thinking of two things:
1. Wants to stay at the top of the rankings,
2. Wants to overtake someone in the number of named samples

Obviously I don’t know the exact reason for the motivation, but it exists with all certainty.

So if I give dozens of incorrect answers and get two likes for auto-confirmation, is that okay ???
Ƶ
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please report to admins when you see such users and/or posts.
zozinhoe wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 5:20 pm
admin wrote: Thu Sep 30, 2021 3:27 pm Why would someone want to do this? What's the purpose of getting something verified in a wrong way?
Well, I'm thinking of two things:
1. Wants to stay at the top of the rankings,
2. Wants to overtake someone in the number of named samples

Obviously I don’t know the exact reason for the motivation, but it exists with all certainty.

So if I give dozens of incorrect answers and get two likes for auto-confirmation, is that okay ???
morback

Post by morback »

Interesting, but I've never encountered such users and obviously wrong answers confirmed. Can you give me some examples just for curiosity? (maybe as private message)
user3322

Post by user3322 »

morback wrote: Fri Oct 01, 2021 12:56 pm Interesting, but I've never encountered such users and obviously wrong answers confirmed. Can you give me some examples just for curiosity? (maybe as private message)
You can find it here
viewtopic.php?f=7&t=49
Or for example here
https://www.watzatsong.com/en/found/Dan ... 70722.html
https://www.watzatsong.com/en/found/Dav ... 07004.html
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

Please report such users to admins with the correct information and we will make the corrections