Please add a Mandatory Addition to "Post A Sample"

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
JayBe

Please add a Mandatory Addition to "Post A Sample"

Post by JayBe »

I am not sure if anyone has suggested this, but can you please add a Mandatory sound level checkbox that is the following 3 options Loud, Normal, or Low. I don't know about others, but I know if I am listening to one sound that is low (having to turn up the Volume to hear)Then the next sound is so loud my ears start bleeding.

Thank you
Czar
Site Admin

Re: Please add a Mandatory Addition to "Post A Sample"

Post by Czar »

Thank you for your suggestion. We will consider this to be added. Please understand that we aim to keep things simple and adding more and more options will complicate the Submit process.
JayBe wrote: Fri Sep 24, 2021 4:57 pm I am not sure if anyone has suggested this, but can you please add a Mandatory sound level checkbox that is the following 3 options Loud, Normal, or Low. I don't know about others, but I know if I am listening to one sound that is low (having to turn up the Volume to hear)Then the next sound is so loud my ears start bleeding.

Thank you
lu80

Re: Please add a Mandatory Addition to "Post A Sample"

Post by lu80 »

The different volume levels of the samples are annoying indeed and i totally agree that adding more and more options to the submit process won't help.
My idea is, to maybe implement a post submit service, that will adjust every sample file to the same volume.
But that of course will add some CPU-time which might be a bit expensive.

So the maybe better idea might be to add the volume adjustment to the player.
Bit of research revealed that HTML5 already does provide such a thing.

I already learned that the team around this site is pretty much capable of finding the right solutions themselves.
Just thought i give this topic a new impulse.