Question About Featured Artist

Discuss anything general about music and songs
Hernan

Question About Featured Artist

Post by Hernan »

Hello everyone,

Apologies if this is not the right place to ask this. Feel free to move it to the correct place. Anyways, as I previously mentioned in my introduction, I keep up to date a pro wrestling music project, where I normally list wrestler's music. The thing is that a friend of mine credits some "featured" (I'll explain later on about this) artist for some songs. Here are a few examples:

- "Beat It" by Michael Jackson feat. Eddie Van Halen
- "Gonna Fly Now (Theme from "Rocky")" by Bill Conti feat. DeEtta Little & Nelson Pigford
- "Simon Says" by Drain STH feat. Herbie Crichlow

If you check the notes of their respective albums the songs come from, none of the tracks are listed as having a featured artist but still credited in the release.

Something similar happens to "Sicko Mode" by Travis Scott features Drake, Big Hawk & Swae Lee. Their names are credited in the album "Astroworld" but not as featured artists. However, Drake's name is being credited as a featured artist in the music video release on YouTube.

My question concerns about whether or not is it worth to list them as featured artists despite not being listed as featured artists on the releases.

I hope to be clear with my question.

Best regards.
- H
Badsong

Re: Question About Featured Artist

Post by Badsong »

they are a lot of example of song with feat.
" There Must Be An Angel " from Eurythmics have a feat with Stevie Wonder for Harmonica.
Another example : Elton John - Nikita : Featuring George Michael on backing vocals at song’s end
And Nik Kershaw for electric guitar.

But it's very rare that they are this kind of precision in title song.