Here's one for ya...

Discuss Rap, Hip-Hop, R&B, and all urban music.
Atlantea

Here's one for ya...

Post by Atlantea »

About 2000 I was at work stocking shelves, in our small Montana town. We had a satellite tv music channel playing throughout the store.
I love to sing along with music. When the first strains of the acoustic intro to "Horse With No Name" [by America] came on- I was set to sing along.

However when the vocals started, it was not America... it was a girl group- at the time I assumed TLC or Destiny's Child singing completely different lyrics along to the tune of Horse With No Name.

I have looked around the internet, talked to people more into that genre than I am and to this day I cannot find anything about this song.
hauntavailable

Re: Here's one for ya...

Post by hauntavailable »

It has been speculated that the song was recorded in 1984,drift hunters since most other songs on the cassette tape were released around that time.
Marcellus

Re: Here's one for ya...

Post by Marcellus »

hauntavailable wrote: Thu Jan 11, 2024 7:45 am It has been speculated that the song was recorded in 1984,drift hunters since most other songs on the cassette tape were released around that time.
The song's likely recording date in 1984 is inferred from the timing of other tracks on the cassette tape.