"Starts following" in the [Right now] section

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
bruno81

"Starts following" in the [Right now] section

Post by bruno81 »

"Starts following" in the [Right now] section should be deleted. It takes up a lot of space in this section and is of no interest

Attachments
start following.PNG
start following.PNG (52.42 KiB) Viewed 1790 times
Czar
Site Admin

Re: "Starts following" in the [Right now] section

Post by Czar »

Thank you for your feedback. We will be resolving this with the new design
Katynett

Post by Katynett »

Totally agree with Bruno, only the "commented", "posted" and "answered" are necessary in the "recent activity" part. On my profile and at my request I don't see the "following starts" and it's much better to follow what is happening on the site.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Thank you Katy for the feedback. We will discuss it in more details via email if you don't mind.
Katynett wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:23 am Totally agree with Bruno, only the "commented", "posted" and "answered" are necessary in the "recent activity" part. On my profile and at my request I don't see the "following starts" and it's much better to follow what is happening on the site.
librarian

Post by librarian »

What a shame... I use it often. It's a good way to discover interesting older samples, but those that some newer members are also interested in. And, since I saw people start following same older requests someone else followed before them, it seems like I am not the only one using that feature.
I hope you will consider the idea I mentioned in the feedback thread. Separating Recent Activity into tabs (new samples, comments, follows, etc.), or in case it's staying the same size, a drop-down menu (like the one for choosing genres) could work. That would solve this (simply never click on the "new follows" tab).
librarian

Post by librarian »

Speaking of following, can you add the option to sort samples in our (and others') Pending Follows differently? I think it would be nice if we could choose to sort them in the order we started following them, from latest follows, to earliest (and vice versa).
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Sure. We will be also adding some additional filters that will help to sort the content you want to see better.
librarian wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:02 am Speaking of following, can you add the option to sort samples in our (and others') Pending Follows differently? I think it would be nice if we could choose to sort them in the order we started following them, from latest follows, to earliest (and vice versa).
kletter

Post by kletter »

I'd keep the "starts following" also for the reason provided by librarian.
|oo|kletter|oo|
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

kletter wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:24 pm I'd keep the "starts following" also for the reason provided by librarian.
Yeah, I'd personally split the "recent activity" list in two. Five showing comments, posts and answers; and other five for follows.
- H
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

This is actually the way we will most likely do it. Will be split into different tabs
Hernan wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 9:48 pm
kletter wrote: Wed Sep 15, 2021 7:24 pm I'd keep the "starts following" also for the reason provided by librarian.
Yeah, I'd personally split the "recent activity" list in two. Five showing comments, posts and answers; and other five for follows.