Instrumental World Music Cassette from 90s or 80s

Discuss Country, International and Folk etc. here
emptyspotlight

Instrumental World Music Cassette from 90s or 80s

Post by emptyspotlight »

Been trying to find a cassette album for many years, was a white cassette tape with instrumental music that I think my grandmother had gotten at a swap meet (I was 4 or 5 barely could read yet). The Cover had a sky blue background with buildings in many colors in the background like skyscrapers/buildings. i still have 4 the melodies in my head (2 which ive recreated) and can provide some links if necessary.

it may have been from the 80's or 90s (maybe 70s). 1 song I remember had plane sound in it like it was taking off almost like lounge music another song I remember sounded Indian (hence why I think its a world music CD), and not sure if it's an import or a cassette from the USA but it was bought in a flea market.

I do remember the word “awe” was on the tape somewhere in the title of one of the songs. I've been searching for awhile and nothing has popped up and have been checking artists like Peter Gabriel, Brian Eno and the 90s Pure Moods albums to no avail. the last time I saw the tape was in the early 2000s, sadly my relatives no longer have their cassette collection.

Worst case scenario is it was a very obscure group and this was one of the few casssettes they made.
movieblackstone

Re: Instrumental World Music Cassette from 90s or 80s

Post by movieblackstone »

It's difficult to recognize an album without knowing its author's name.

doodle baseball
AlfonsoValdez

Re: Instrumental World Music Cassette from 90s or 80s

Post by AlfonsoValdez »

Maybe if there was an image it would be easier to find. Do you have a disc or something similar that has a photo of it?
tunnel rush