I need help identifying a music video from the '90s

Discuss anything general about music and songs
monsanto

I need help identifying a music video from the '90s

Post by monsanto »

Hello everyone,

For years now, I've been racking my brain trying to remember more information about a particular music video that I saw one or twice on MTV when I was in high school........ sometime around 1997-1999. If I remember it correctly, it was a strange music video that was all shot in black and white. The genre of music was probably alternative rock, more on the pop side as the song was kind of upbeat and fun. Okay, he goes the description of the music video as best as I can remember it.

If I remember it correctly, this was a black and white music video that took place almost entirely inside of a liquor store (or possibly a grocery store) out in the middle of nowhere (rural area).  The lead singer is walking up and down the aisles as he sings, and his band is playing their instruments in various parts of the store as well.

More customers enter the store as the video goes on, and eventually it turns into a giant party inside of the store! Everyone is having a good time! I think at one point there is even a Mexican mariachi band at this party.

Towards the end of the video, right when you thought it couldn't get any more strange, a UFO shows up and hovers over the store. The ship beams up the entire store (or maybe just some of the band members) and flys off.

Did this music video actually happen or was it just some strange fever dream that I had as a teenager!? Or........ did I somehow mash up a few different music videos in my head that were around that same time. I'm now in my 40s, and my memory is not as good as it used to be!!!! hahahahahaha

I appreciate any help you guys can provide with this odd, vague memory!

Thank you,
Andrew
hauntavailable

Re: I need help identifying a music video from the '90s

Post by hauntavailable »

Use a song recognition app such as Shazam or SoundHound.dino game
meagercity

Post by meagercity »

"Flagpole Sitta" by Harvey Dangergeometry dash
zetispar

Post by zetispar »

monsanto wrote: Fri Apr 21, 2023 7:21 pm Hello everyone,

For years now, I've been racking my brain trying to remember more information about a particular music video that I saw one or twice on MTV when I was in high school........ sometime around 1997-1999. If I remember it correctly, it was a strange music video that was all shot in black and white. The genre of music was probably alternative rock, more on the pop side as the song was kind of upbeat and fun. Okay, he goes the description of the music video as best as I can remember it. Snow Rider 3D

If I remember it correctly, this was a black and white music video that took place almost entirely inside of a liquor store (or possibly a grocery store) out in the middle of nowhere (rural area).  The lead singer is walking up and down the aisles as he sings, and his band is playing their instruments in various parts of the store as well.

More customers enter the store as the video goes on, and eventually it turns into a giant party inside of the store! Everyone is having a good time! I think at one point there is even a Mexican mariachi band at this party.

Towards the end of the video, right when you thought it couldn't get any more strange, a UFO shows up and hovers over the store. The ship beams up the entire store (or maybe just some of the band members) and flys off.

Did this music video actually happen or was it just some strange fever dream that I had as a teenager!? Or........ did I somehow mash up a few different music videos in my head that were around that same time. I'm now in my 40s, and my memory is not as good as it used to be!!!! hahahahahaha

I appreciate any help you guys can provide with this odd, vague memory!

Thank you,
Andrew
In the vast realm of '90s music, there's a particular music video that has been eluding my memory, and I'm turning to the collective wisdom of the internet for assistance. The nostalgia-laden era of the 1990s brought us iconic tunes and memorable visuals, but one video seems to have slipped through the cracks of my recollection.

The music video in question features a blend of enigmatic scenes that have left a lasting impression on me, even though the details remain hazy. I remember vivid colors, perhaps a surreal or dreamlike setting, and an artist or band that encapsulated the essence of the '90s music scene.
bekean

Post by bekean »

In the "Steal My Sunshine" video, the band is indeed seen in various sections of a convenience store, and the video evolves into a lively party with different characters joining in the fun. The black and white scenes with a surreal, dream-like atmosphere are consistent with your description. Although I couldn't find specific references to a UFO or a mariachi band, the quirky and unconventional drift hunters nature of the video might have left you with a memorable impression.
Lompostathe

Post by Lompostathe »

meagercity wrote: Mon Jan 15, 2024 6:54 am "Flagpole Sitta" by Harvey Dangerfnaf plus
Is this correct?
Millort

Post by Millort »

I'm also in my 40s and trying to dig up memories from that same era.
a small world cup