A lady running away from a town to get a train - please help to identify a music video

Discuss anything general about music and songs
AndreyMironov

A lady running away from a town to get a train - please help to identify a music video

Post by AndreyMironov »

Dear experts. For a several years I am struggling to remember a video clip title. Please help me to identify it. I will provide a detailed description, everything I can remember.

This music video is from 00s. I saw it on a local MTV network several times, but miss to remember its title. I definitely remember that the music video "Junkie XL, Elvis Presley" - "A Little Less Conversation (Official JXL Remix)" was broadcasted at the same period of time. First, let me describe a music. I don't shure about a genre (not an expert), but it remembers to me as jazzy and easy listening. The tempo is quite fast and jazzy also, maybe like 130 bpm. It seems that this piece is in the major scale. As well as I can remember, it was a boys band playing guitar, trumpet and drums, I may miss some instruments. I don't remember the motif or melody. The music feels like a mix of light jazz or latin/spanish with a modern pop music. I don't shure about the voices, but it seems like it was a man's voice, solo. Let me now describe a video sequence as a key factor for identifying this music video because of its uniqness. Again, as well as I can remember, the main line of the story is about a girl, young lady, running away (from her own wedding?) from a small (Mexican or Italian?) town through the fields towards the train. The movie clip starts from a several scenes where a young lady runs through the (Mexican or Italian?) town. This girl wears a white dress and has a (long?) black hair. This is a day of summer, the weather is hot and dry; yellow and white tones are dominate in picture. It is sunny, sky is clear. There are several slow motion scenes where, say, a drop of water falls to the little fountain from a tip backgrounded by a heat rising from the ground. It seems to me that there was a local (Italian?) church or a big white cross. While the lady is running away, I can't remember, does someone pursuits her or not. But there was a cuts where some old man follow a girl with a glance, I believe. It seems like this town is Italian, Mexican or Portugese, but I may be wrong. While the lady is running, the main musical theme is progressing. From time to time camera shows a railway path with a small train passing by. The train consists of two or three cars with a loco. The main feature of this music video is that there is an open car platform with a boys band on it, playing music with their instruments while the train goes on. From time to time the perspective changes from a running girl to musicians. Finally, young lady runs away from the town and walk through a yellow field, dancing. She passes through this field to the railway path with the train of musicians. The train stops slowly and girl gets on the car and continue to dance. She have manage to run away (from her own wedding?) and she is happy now. As well as I can remember, the musicians wear a thin-striped dark shirts and long black pants, same manner for all. Let me discribe a lyrics now. This is the worst part of a story. I do NOT remember what is this song about, it meight be so because it is not in English, but I am not shure. I can't remember even a few words. No names, no concepts... maybe this song is about love and freedom.

I have provided as many details as I can remember. I indeed saw this music video for several times. Please help me to identify it. Thank you!
AndreyMironov

Re: A lady running away from a town to get a train - please help to identify a music video

Post by AndreyMironov »

some bump. please, help!
Bobbie Bayer

Re: A lady running away from a town to get a train - please help to identify a music video

Post by Bobbie Bayer »

You have my gratitude for divulging this information. bloons tower defense
miranda23

Post by miranda23 »

I've also seen this MV before, it's quite good but I can't word hurdle remember the title
bekean

Post by bekean »

Based on your detailed description, it sounds like the music video you're trying to identify is "Baila Me" by Gipsy Kings. "Baila Me" is a song with a Latin, flamenco, and pop influence, which could match the jazzy and easy-listening feel you heardle described. The Gipsy Kings often blend Spanish, Latin, and pop elements in their music.