Suggestion for lists (most../top...)

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
maxerist

Suggestion for lists (most../top...)

Post by maxerist »

Hi,

it's great the creators of this great site are open to suggestions.

I'm one of those who posted a sample not detected by Shazam or SoundHound and got a great human help finding the song I heard.
My example was the one when almost immediately new followers appeared. This struck me as the case when some of submitted songs are really catchy and likable. So the suggestion here is to introduce different subset/queries to the current song submissions, for example:
  • Undetected ordered by number of followers descending . Google can be used for this, but their advanced search syntax can not garantee reliable results. For such query it is something like : [site:watzatsong.com "follow 10..100" inurl:name-that-tune],
  • All songs ordered by number of followers
  • Most commented
My personal objective to keep visiting this site is to follow some tunes that I find interesting and trying to be a contributor for detection. So the lists like this might give a quicker path to occasional activity when visiting

Thanks
Czar
Site Admin

Re: Suggestion for lists (most../top...)

Post by Czar »

Your suggestions are greatly appreciated. Actually at the end of each month, we send a newsletter with all the mentioned statistics above.
We might implement this feature directly into the website.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Your suggestions were implemented. Users can now see

The last 2 years most listened songs
The last 2 years most followed samples
The last 2 years most commented samples

https://prnt.sc/4Cr4t3jbTsfj
Enjoy
maxerist

Post by maxerist »

Czar wrote: Sat Sep 17, 2022 4:12 pm Your suggestions were implemented. Users can now see
Great news! Thanks a lot, already digging following, non-answered jewels :)
Minor issue, relied on e-mail notification for this posts, got no e-mails (gmail). Not in spam folder. I saw here a post about non-delivery some time ago, probably related