To @Librarian, about Happy hardcore'90s & just Nightcore'2010-20s (from the request №716643)

Discuss different topics with friends and have a good time. Anything considered off-topic should be posted here.
Lori2020

To @Librarian, about Happy hardcore'90s & just Nightcore'2010-20s (from the request №716643)

Post by Lori2020 »

Librarian, sorry, I'm potentially rhetorically) decided to answer this good cue of yours here from here:
https://www.watzatsong.com/en/found/Car ... 16643.html
@Lori2020 We can't really tell. This "remix" could have been made yesterday, for all we know. I doubt it's an actual '90s thing. Might be just some kid messing with a cheap audio software, and an already horrible song. You can pretty much get this if you just speed up the track in Audacity. We would need the rest of the track, to be able to tell what exactly this is. But, I don't think I would like to hear the rest of the track. I'd much rather forget I've heard even this little bit.
Yes, Librarian, I agree with you on all the "stated charges against.." ))
Indeed, all this quickly began to depress..: all this stupid new fashion for amateurish mass production and mass distribution of "mixes" of originals, often not very skillfully modified in tonality and speed + also: it's a bad wrong windy trends for unauthorized amateurish inventing of namings of headlines for Internet-audio-video content, which often contains a fair amount of the "whatever-comes-into-one's-head")..

But, alas, there's nothing we can do about all this, and we can only hope this trend will subside much faster than YT-(&Co.)-servers can collapse from this massive flurry of uploads of insignificant, worthless crafts and fakes...
But, in fact, the sound of a professionally made thing's obviously different from the sound of a thing done by amateurs of cheap audio software & of messing with people's heads..))

Yeah, new-fashioned amateur "works" often contain some distortion of the sound of the accompaniment including.
While the old & new Professional works don't have any *unintended* distortions of exactly the accompaniment, since not the finished tracks itself are modified, but only the acapellas undergo a separate modification to the "robo-Lilliputian" sounding of vocals 🙂
And, it seems to me it's a professionally made track, sounds in the form of this WZS-sample, but not in a YT-video (!)
And, most likely, quite possible, the track presented as a sample couldn't have been made "yesterday".
Since, I've already heard this, or another happy harcore mix, sounds identical in this initial sample portion of the WZS sample, but perhaps not with the same continuation we hear in the YT-video.
Honestly, I just don’t remember.., since it was half a life ago..), when I heard this for the last time (and "I crossed myself and ran & ran away.."))

And indeed, I also don't have a great desire to remember exactly this and continue to search for this truth, since, sure, it's not the most masterpiece song "of all times and peoples", in any form ))

Something like that.

Well, one or another way, as a weightlifter to a weightlifter 😉, I just especially wish you a good day and new victories! 😊
Last edited by Lori2020 on Wed Sep 08, 2021 10:36 pm, edited 2 times in total.
librarian

Re: To @Librarian, about Happy hardcore'90s & just Nightcore'2010-20s (from the request №716643)

Post by librarian »

And, it seems to me it's a professionally made track, sounds in the form of this WZS-sample, but not in a YT-video (!)
And, most likely, quite possible, the track presented as a sample couldn't have been made "yesterday".
Since, I've already heard this, or another happy harcore mix, sounds identical in this initial sample portion of the WZS sample, but perhaps not with the same continuation we hear in the YT-video.
I understand what you are talking about, and agree that it's possible to tell when something is done professionally, and when it isn't. However, to be honest, while I have a rather diverse music taste, I find it hard to consider people who make both, happy hardcore and nightcore remixes (well, most kinds of remixes, actually; "bonus points" if they have pictures of anime characters as videos), "musicians" or "artists", or whatever. It's an insult to those who actually make music. Not to mention that I find those remixes extremely unpleasant to listen to.
But, I'd still say it could have been made yesterday. It's always possible to use old technology, and do things the old-school way, if you really want to go for authenticity. Not that it was the case here, of course.

As for this particular song... One of my favourite things about searching for songs, is the things you learn while doing it. That is how I found out that the original is much, much, older, than nightcore, and happy hardcore. It was recorded by the creator of Alvin and the Chipmunks himself, David Seville (a.k.a. Ross Bagdasarian), in 1958, who recorded the chipmunk part by speeding up his voice (who would have thought - the real original is actually sped-up). And, this song is somewhat responsible for the birth of Alvin and the Chipmunks. I guess this might also be common knowledge, but it is new to me. :)
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Witch_Doctor_(song)
Here's an actual performance, back in 1958:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9iA_TZ15ruA
According to what the announcer said, and the novelty nature of this "masterpiece", it looks like this was something close to what we'd call a meme today. :D

Oh, and I love your weightlifter allegory! Good day and new victories to you, as well! :)
Lori2020

Re: To @Librarian, about Happy hardcore'90s & just Nightcore'2010-20s (from the request №716643)

Post by Lori2020 »

Thank you, Librarian 🙂

Indeed, all sorts of memes are a pretty "infectious" thing 😃
And, I think, memes have always existed, throughout the entire existence of mankind)) It's just it could be called something else, or it may not have been named, but always be))

And I'm glad you also liked my long-standing instant spontaneous allegory of "weightlifters" vs. "athletes" ))
I just remembered then two antonymic terms, that only in Russian sound like: "тяжёлая атлетика" vs. "лёгкая атлетика", "тяжелоатлеты" vs. "легкоатлеты" = "hard athletics" vs. "light athletics", "hard-athletes" vs. "light-athletes"!
And let it remain our kind little ironic WZS-meme))

Ouсh, I also like to make new side, sometimes much more valuable, discoveries during any main searches for something)
This time, and you also "infected" me a little)) And I repeated your feat)), having done the same path, illuminated by you 🙂 And I also discovered all this for the first time in such details after reading your mentions and my little trip))
Although, before I heard only a glimpse of this name of the band "Alvin and the Chipmunks", and about the cartoon franchise of the same name.
But I didn't want to delve into all this deeper, and I abstracted myself so much from all this "Ooh ee ooh ah ah",
that only now I noticed the meaning of the title and the rather amusing context of the lyrics that aren't quite distinguishable at high speed)
And, perhaps, now I'll treat this original source'1958 (and some of the very first covers) more calmly and condescendingly. After all, as an almost "omnivorous" music lover [if we can imagine music as some kind of "spiritual food"🙂], I love retro ^^, and old rock'n'roll + related: boogie-, doo-wop-, rockabilly-, blues- rhythms of those years, including! 😊
(And only this "Ooh ee ooh ah ah" will still be a little jarring..🙄
Although, I think, this little "instinctive rejection" can individually be based on the fact, it just sounds unusual and not very pleasant timbrally and melodically (by the notes and by silly primitive interjections, that, however, looking pretty funny in the whole context))

And yes, you convinced me🙂 this nightcore-mix could also be yesterday's (repeated) handicraft. I just downloaded the original cover-mix by Cartoons, and, raising the sound by exactly 7 tones, I got an identity with the mentioned WZS-sample, from which it all started this time))

In general, sure, all modern nightcore-, and especially daycore-mixes are just nightMAre-dayMAre-mixes @ _ @))
But, in general, as all the concepts of this world can simultaneously carry within them the both positive and negative sides, so these nightcores/daycores/happy hardcore, etc., play a positive role to some extent!
'Cause by listening to this, people begin to be interested in the primary source & they literally learn about much nicer-sounding primary things, including much older primary sources, that already started getting in the naughty little hands of young lovers of pampering in the music editing' programs)

And now, if I hadn't moved to live)) here, at the WZS, and if I hadn't been engaged in a recent search for one *passable* daycore-version, then perhaps I would never have known about the existence of such a gorgeous retro song Put Your Head On My Shoulder by Paul Anka
https://youtu.be/uvxagNIBVLU
It's just that this particular song didn't come into my field of vision before ^^ It happens, 'cause, alas, we can't embrace everything immense..))

But the some same only light [non- "jackhammering"))] and optimistic-melodic happy harcore mixes of the 90s, nevertheless, remain favorite for me, reminding me of the *golden student days* 😊
And the same situation with the unexpected discovery for me of another great song "Have You Never Been Mellow" by Olivia Newton-John
https://youtu.be/4IFQZyxxyyM
after a dozen years of my naive delusion ^^ that this favorite happy harcore by Party Animals (with sampled chorus) is the original https://youtu.be/2er9d5hb_Fc ))

Well, and, obviously, there's some 🙄psychological aspect here: the any performance, we heard the very first (from the entire range of original and covers and mixes of most of the specific songs), this performance remains our most favorite performance of each specific song!🌞 And , that's why, the later heard cover-remake's somehow a little closer to me 🙂

And this happy hardcore cover-mix "Break On Through" https://youtu.be/IsdjQLBt_5I is much closer and less psychedelic, and (contrarily) is more optimistic for me than the original by The Doors https://youtu.be/-r679Hhs9Zs O_o which I also heard later, oddly enough)

Well, I think there are enough examples (for today))

Have a pleasant, useful and successful pastime! 🙂
librarian

Post by librarian »

It was opposite for me. I knew the Paul Anka and The Doors originals, but not the covers. The Olivia Newton John song is new to me, and so is the cover. I must admit that I enjoyed the originals more, in all these cases. I could never really get into happy hardcore (despite liking some other subgenres of techno). I guess it might be the "happy" part that makes it unenjoyable for me. :P

But, I 100% agree with you about the good side of the existence of all those covers and remixes. It is a way to introduce younger generations to music different (and, IMO, much better) than what they are usually exposed to.

Have a pleasant, useful and successful pastime, too! :)
Lori2020

Post by Lori2020 »

Thank you, everything's clear! 🙂

Probably it's good when people are so happy, they give up extra musical happiness in favor of psychedelic music 😜 so that life doesn't seem like too honey, right? 😉

Excellent, but we can still return to all these and related issues with new desire and new inspiration 🙂

In the meantime, the song, which's called precisely "The Talking with Happiness"! 😉

https://youtu.be/m3xVdxDWFWU?t=4268

😃 😇