Cleaning requests - All about

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
Nanah

Cleaning requests - All about

Post by Nanah »

This is an old problem: what belongs to the cleaner? By my definition and logic this is for clean up:

1. A song that the requestor finds herself/himself;

2. A song that someone suggested in the comments and did not return to add an official proposal;

3. A song we don’t want to suggest ourselves because it offends our feelings, so we give it to the cleaner.

No. 3 I've had many times, and I always ask the cleaner to suggest. No. 1 bothers me. Is this a song the requestor found himself?

https://www.watzatsong.com/en/found/Jan ... 33109.html

No. Requestor sings a sampled part, which I recognize and explain to him how to find his rap song. So, I solve everything, I recognize the sampled part, I sent him to Who Sampled - all he needs to do is to check the short list and choose his rap song ( I can't suggest 10 or 20 covers, there is no logic and there is this factor: What if I suggest wrong and s/he doesn't click "Refuse All"? ) Few minutes after the requestor announced the song, enters the moderator and cleans. He is fully aware that I found the song but "steals" it from me only because I needed the assistance of the requester himself to determine exactly who sampled it. I can't read requestor's thoughts!

One whole day I was trying to remember what tune it was. Not "non-stop, every second" but it was in my head all day, every now and then. And I did not get credits for that finding due to the outdated and uncritical vision of cleaning that prevails since the dawn of WZS. This is not fair. I barely remembered this tune, helped the man, he thanked ME, he wouldn't find his song without my help but - I can't submit because technically - requestor named his song. It turns out that I was just assisting him but the truth is that he was assisting me, because that was inevitable.

This part of the cleanup needs to be modified when it comes to sampled songs and covers.

When the requestor finds a song himself/herself, without anyone's help, then it goes to the cleaner.

I like my findings to be under my name. I don't want to see cleaners in my confirmed follows, especially if I solved the song
    ( sometimes even struggling along the way, like in this case ). I hope that the new administration will renew this outdated rule, because this is not the only case, it has been happening for years and people don't like it but we have to put up with it.
    admin
    Site Admin

Re: Cleaning requests - All about

Post by admin »

If you make an official proposal and the Moderator confirms it for you, you still get the credits for it.
    Please also share your suggestion how the process can be improved
    Thanks

Nanah wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 2:30 am
      This is an old problem: what belongs to the cleaner? By my definition and logic this is for clean up:

1. A song that the requestor finds herself/himself;

2. A song that someone suggested in the comments and did not return to add an official proposal;

3. A song we don’t want to suggest ourselves because it offends our feelings, so we give it to the cleaner.

No. 3 I've had many times, and I always ask the cleaner to suggest. No. 1 bothers me. Is this a song the requestor found himself?

https://www.watzatsong.com/en/found/Jan ... 33109.html

No. Requestor sings a sampled part, which I recognize and explain to him how to find his rap song. So, I solve everything, I recognize the sampled part, I sent him to Who Sampled - all he needs to do is to check the short list and choose his rap song ( I can't suggest 10 or 20 covers, there is no logic and there is this factor: What if I suggest wrong and s/he doesn't click "Refuse All"? ) Few minutes after the requestor announced the song, enters the moderator and cleans. He is fully aware that I found the song but "steals" it from me only because I needed the assistance of the requester himself to determine exactly who sampled it. I can't read requestor's thoughts!

One whole day I was trying to remember what tune it was. Not "non-stop, every second" but it was in my head all day, every now and then. And I did not get credits for that finding due to the outdated and uncritical vision of cleaning that prevails since the dawn of WZS. This is not fair. I barely remembered this tune, helped the man, he thanked ME, he wouldn't find his song without my help but - I can't submit because technically - requestor named his song. It turns out that I was just assisting him but the truth is that he was assisting me, because that was inevitable.

This part of the cleanup needs to be modified when it comes to sampled songs and covers.

When the requestor finds a song himself/herself, without anyone's help, then it goes to the cleaner.

I like my findings to be under my name. I don't want to see cleaners in my confirmed follows, especially if I solved the song
      ( sometimes even struggling along the way, like in this case ). I hope that the new administration will renew this outdated rule, because this is not the only case, it has been happening for years and people don't like it but we have to put up with it.
      Nanah

Re: Cleaning requests - All about

Post by Nanah »

admin wrote: Thu Feb 10, 2022 10:26 am If you make an official proposal and the Moderator confirms it for you, you still get the credits for it.
      Please also share your suggestion how the process can be improved
      Thanks
      I already explained, please read again or translate into your language. It's written quite extensively, so it may have lost its meaning.

Sure, I'd have suggested that answer but I didn’t have time because the cleaner put the suggestion very quickly. At the same time:

https://www.watzatsong.com/en/found/Sug ... 24859.html

I mean: there’s a lot of work, no need to clean up the songs we, users, found for the requestors and we're ready/capable to submit.

This cleaning system is simply - wrong and outdated. The moderator's decision whether to clean or not will not take much time - when the requestor writes "I found the song, it's A - B" and there are no users' instructions in the comments, then you should clean. When users find a sung pattern and the requestor just chooses his cover ( specific version that he needs ) - it's not for cleaning.