Notification on "My Profile" when there's a new proposal

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
KTRMAmbiance

Notification on "My Profile" when there's a new proposal

Post by KTRMAmbiance »

Simiar to how the Mailbox button gets (1) notification badge when you get a new message;

the My Profile button next to that, should also have a notification badge like that, when there's a new proposal.

That's going to be easier
admin
Site Admin

Re: Notification on "My Profile" when there's a new proposal

Post by admin »

Thank you for the suggestion. We will consider it implementing ASAP.
KTRMAmbiance wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:26 pm Simiar to how the Mailbox button gets (1) notification badge when you get a new message;

the My Profile button next to that, should also have a notification badge like that, when there's a new proposal.

That's going to be easier
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

The functionality has been added
Panne

Post by Panne »

I think that KTRMAmbiance means : "the proposals that you receive from other members" for the samples that you have posted yourself. Because now the number that appears , is the same as your pending proposals (of the proposals that you made for others), and so i think the number that appears now is not the correct number.
KTRMAmbiance

Post by KTRMAmbiance »

Panne wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:16 pm I think that KTRMAmbiance means : "the proposals that you receive from other members" for the samples that you have posted yourself. Because now the number that appears , is the same as your pending proposals (of the proposals that you made for others), and so i think the number that appears now is not the correct number.
Yep, I meant that

When a new proposal is made to the sample you posted, the (1) badge should appear above "My Profile" button (like how "Proposals" is right now)
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

How about to just change what "Proposals" is currently showing to display the number of proposals on samples that you have posted yourself?
KTRMAmbiance wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:24 pm
Panne wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:16 pm I think that KTRMAmbiance means : "the proposals that you receive from other members" for the samples that you have posted yourself. Because now the number that appears , is the same as your pending proposals (of the proposals that you made for others), and so i think the number that appears now is not the correct number.
Yep, I meant that

When a new proposal is made to the sample you posted, the (1) badge should appear above "My Profile" button (like how "Proposals" is right now)
Katynett

Post by Katynett »

I see it's done now and it's more useful than the other version, thanks.
Panne

Post by Panne »

Katynett, i don't think you understood what i and KTRMAmbiance want to say : for instance , i have zero samples open at this moment, so there are "zero" proposals to "my samples". But on my profile , i see now "139" under proposals , and this corresponds with my 139 pending proposals , so this information appears now in double on my profile.
Katynett

Post by Katynett »

Panne I understood perfectly what you and KTRMAmbiance want to say, and I’m sorry but on my profile (in fact Katy’s profile) it works, I made two proposals and I see now « 2 » under proposals.
KTRMAmbiance

Post by KTRMAmbiance »

I didn't mean to add a "Proposals" button.

I meant to say that this number should appear on "My Profile" label when a new proposal is made, like this:

This is a mockup of what I was talking about (here if one proposal is made to your post)