Announcement

Dear WatZatSong Community,

We hope this message finds you well.

First and foremost, we want to express our deepest gratitude for your unwavering support and dedication to WatZatSong.com. It's been an incredible journey, filled with countless moments of musical discovery and camaraderie. Your contributions to our community have been nothing short of extraordinary.

Now, we know it's been a while since we last gave our beloved website a fresh coat of paint. Eighteen years, to be exact. And we hear you – it's time for a change. That's why we're excited to announce that we're rolling up our sleeves and diving headfirst into a full-scale revamp of WatZatSong.com!

What does this mean for you? Well, get ready for a sleek, modern redesign that's as easy on the eyes as it is intuitive to navigate. We're cooking up some exciting new features that will take your song-naming adventures to new heights. And rest assured, we're not just focusing on looks – our team is hard at work behind the scenes to ensure that everything runs smoother and faster than ever before.

But here's the best part: none of this would be possible without you. Your passion for music is what drives us forward, and your feedback is what keeps us grounded. We want to hear from you every step of the way – What do you love about WatZatSong? What could we do better? Email us at [email protected] anytime. Consider this revamp as much yours as it is ours.

While we're eager to bring these changes to life, we want to be transparent: this process may take quite some time. So, we kindly ask for your understanding and patience.

Thank you again for being a part of our community. Here's to many more years of music discovery and friendship!

Warm regards,
WatZatSong Team

Notification on "My Profile" when there's a new proposal

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
KTRMAmbiance

Notification on "My Profile" when there's a new proposal

Post by KTRMAmbiance »

Simiar to how the Mailbox button gets (1) notification badge when you get a new message;

the My Profile button next to that, should also have a notification badge like that, when there's a new proposal.

That's going to be easier
admin
Site Admin

Re: Notification on "My Profile" when there's a new proposal

Post by admin »

Thank you for the suggestion. We will consider it implementing ASAP.
KTRMAmbiance wrote: Fri Jan 14, 2022 2:26 pm Simiar to how the Mailbox button gets (1) notification badge when you get a new message;

the My Profile button next to that, should also have a notification badge like that, when there's a new proposal.

That's going to be easier
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

The functionality has been added
Panne

Post by Panne »

I think that KTRMAmbiance means : "the proposals that you receive from other members" for the samples that you have posted yourself. Because now the number that appears , is the same as your pending proposals (of the proposals that you made for others), and so i think the number that appears now is not the correct number.
KTRMAmbiance

Post by KTRMAmbiance »

Panne wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:16 pm I think that KTRMAmbiance means : "the proposals that you receive from other members" for the samples that you have posted yourself. Because now the number that appears , is the same as your pending proposals (of the proposals that you made for others), and so i think the number that appears now is not the correct number.
Yep, I meant that

When a new proposal is made to the sample you posted, the (1) badge should appear above "My Profile" button (like how "Proposals" is right now)
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

How about to just change what "Proposals" is currently showing to display the number of proposals on samples that you have posted yourself?
KTRMAmbiance wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:24 pm
Panne wrote: Sun Jan 16, 2022 9:16 pm I think that KTRMAmbiance means : "the proposals that you receive from other members" for the samples that you have posted yourself. Because now the number that appears , is the same as your pending proposals (of the proposals that you made for others), and so i think the number that appears now is not the correct number.
Yep, I meant that

When a new proposal is made to the sample you posted, the (1) badge should appear above "My Profile" button (like how "Proposals" is right now)
Katynett

Post by Katynett »

I see it's done now and it's more useful than the other version, thanks.
Panne

Post by Panne »

Katynett, i don't think you understood what i and KTRMAmbiance want to say : for instance , i have zero samples open at this moment, so there are "zero" proposals to "my samples". But on my profile , i see now "139" under proposals , and this corresponds with my 139 pending proposals , so this information appears now in double on my profile.
Katynett

Post by Katynett »

Panne I understood perfectly what you and KTRMAmbiance want to say, and I’m sorry but on my profile (in fact Katy’s profile) it works, I made two proposals and I see now « 2 » under proposals.
KTRMAmbiance

Post by KTRMAmbiance »

I didn't mean to add a "Proposals" button.

I meant to say that this number should appear on "My Profile" label when a new proposal is made, like this:

This is a mockup of what I was talking about (here if one proposal is made to your post)