Upvote changes

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
goodcall

Upvote changes

Post by goodcall »

I read on a few posts that the upvote count to auto-confirm has gone from 2 to 3. Why?

With the complaints about users not confirming, there is no option now but to have others go through and confirm. That takes a LOT of time to do and most just won't do it. Getting 3 upvotes after a stale post (i.e. After a couple of days) will be extremely difficult to get. For instance - I went through about 8 pages of djalone pending and ONLY confirmed posts that had 2 thumbsup already. If I'm going to spend the time to do that, I want to know it will result in something.

What was not working with the lower limit of 2?
Lastly - is the auto-confirm "really" an autoconfirm? Or does a moderator have to press the final button? I ask because of all the older ones I confirmed, I have not seen any show up in the recently named list.
admin
Site Admin

Re: Upvote changes

Post by admin »

The main reason for the change was to really make sure that the conformed post is accurate. If more users think that we have to put it back to 2, we will make the revert.
Please share your feedback.
goodcall

Re: Upvote changes

Post by goodcall »

..well my vote is for 2 :)

Can you answer my question about the time limits as well? Might make a good FAQ.