New changes and Improvements. Your feedback is needed

Important announcements form the WatZatSong team
Czar
Site Admin

Re: New changes and Improvements. Your feedback is needed

Post by Czar »

I see the problem and it will be one of the first issues fixed.
user3322 wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:26 am https://www.watzatsong.com/en/found/%EC ... 16443.html
As you can see this is again a problem
Panne

Post by Panne »

I think about the possibity to record additional samples (witH WTZ) in the comments of 1 post , instead of having to use vocaroo for that.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Why not. If you think this might help more users to identify the song. What others think about this?

Panne wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:34 pm I think about the possibity to record additional samples (witH WTZ) in the comments of 1 post , instead of having to use vocaroo for that.
librarian

Post by librarian »

Czar wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 6:13 pm Why not. If you think this might help more users to identify the song. What others think about this?

Panne wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 5:34 pm I think about the possibity to record additional samples (witH WTZ) in the comments of 1 post , instead of having to use vocaroo for that.
Personally, I think Vocaroo is fine. It also has a download option, which can be useful. Maybe just add a note when users are uploading a sample that would tell them to provide a longer sample in the comments. We always have to remind people in the comments, and many songs get found as soon as the longer sample is provided.

As for keeping the samples after users delete their accounts, maybe simply disabling the account deletion would be enough.

And, since you mentioned updating the design, I thought I'd address a few things:
- Please, don't focus only on making the website mobile-friendly, while forgetting that computers still exist (a lot of websites seem to be making this mistake, lately; e.g. oversized elements, or some kind of awkward scrolling).
- No pop-ups as soon as you visit the page (about cookies, registration, premium, etc.).
- A dark mode option would be nice.
As someone with a bit of a nostalgia for vintage internet, and a tendency to get emotionally attached to website designs, I hope it won't be anything too fancy. Simple, clean, minimal. And, not too colourful, hopefully.
Panne

Post by Panne »

I still haven't added arguments for using also addtional WTZ-samples to 1 post : Vocaroo is indeed fine, but one day, Vocaroo could change its policy or go down. I have viewed already older posts, and there you have dead links instead of having the sound of the additional sample. If you would use additional WTZ-samples, then these samples will remain under control of WTZ.

I am also on a 3d-website and there i have experienced the same thing with images : in the beginning there was Yahoo Geocities, until Yahoo stopped its services, then there was "free" website Photobucket who suddenly added a watermarks to the images unless you paid for their services , and also Tinypic doesn't allow deeplinking anymore. So in this case ,the best thing is using images from your own website.

If you would use additional WTZ samples, then you can add an indication on the post ( for instance a small + icon) that indicates that an additional WTZ -sample has been posted.
zozinhoe

Post by zozinhoe »

Dear Czar/Admins,
librarian wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 11:06 am
Please, don't focus only on making the website mobile-friendly, while forgetting that computers still exist (a lot of websites seem to be making this mistake, lately; e.g. oversized elements, or some kind of awkward scrolling).
I totally agree with that. So, I would also like to point out that this is very important !!!

Thanks for your understanding!
Ƶ
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Personally, I think Vocaroo is fine. It also has a download option, which can be useful. Maybe just add a note when users are uploading a sample that would tell them to provide a longer sample in the comments. We always have to remind people in the comments, and many songs get found as soon as the longer sample is provided.
We will add an option to upload additional samples on WTZ
As for keeping the samples after users delete their accounts, maybe simply disabling the account deletion would be enough.
Samples will always remain active, no matter if the user has deleted his/hers account or not
- Please, don't focus only on making the website mobile-friendly, while forgetting that computers still exist (a lot of websites seem to be making this mistake, lately; e.g. oversized elements, or some kind of awkward scrolling).
Sure. I will post some design samples once ready for feedback
- No pop-ups as soon as you visit the page (about cookies, registration, premium, etc.).
The one for the cookies is mandatory and we must display it. Will avoid all the rest
- A dark mode option would be nice.
May be we can add this on a later stage
As someone with a bit of a nostalgia for vintage internet, and a tendency to get emotionally attached to website designs, I hope it won't be anything too fancy. Simple, clean, minimal. And, not too colourful, hopefully.
The designer is very experienced and I've already sent your feedback so he is aware.
librarian

Post by librarian »

Czar wrote: Tue Sep 07, 2021 2:14 pm
We will add an option to upload additional samples on WTZ
Will those samples be full tracks? Will they be downloadable? Those two things are important, and they are big advantages of Vocaroo.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Will those samples be full tracks? Will they be downloadable? Those two things are important, and they are big advantages of Vocaroo.
We are still checking the legal aspect of the option to upload more than 30 second of the tracks. I am sure the same applies to the Vocaroo service but they just have a sign to not upload copyrighted tracks. That however doesn't solve the issue. We can for sure make them downloadable.
kletter

Post by kletter »

Czar wrote: Mon Sep 06, 2021 2:20 pm The mailbox will be improved, allowing more text to be posted.
Could you please be more specific about the notification icon. You want to see an icon when you have a new message or is it something else?
Email notifications are now sent when you have a new message.
kletter wrote: Sat Sep 04, 2021 7:32 pm Don't know if it has been said, but can the mailbox be fixed? At least a notification icon or an email notification would be enough!
I meant something like this:
|oo|kletter|oo|