New changes and Improvements. Your feedback is needed

Important announcements form the WatZatSong team
Czar
Site Admin

Re: New changes and Improvements. Your feedback is needed

Post by Czar »

juance wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:16 pm Maybe add an option for the sample to loop, so you don't have to click to replay.
Sure. Will add this one to the list
librarian

Post by librarian »

- Port the app to Android as well
Great.
- Improve the "Listen" experience by adding a player that can Play, FF and rewind.
Don't forget Pause.
- Implement Rewarding system for the most active members
Most active, as in highest number of solved songs? I hope not. One user finds 50 songs by tapping the screen of their smartphone once, the other finds 20 songs by investing huge amounts of time, effort, expertise, and searching skills. Yes, Shazam is a perfectly valid way of finding songs, but I really don't think that user is the one who deserves a reward. Rewards and rankings also discourage teamwork.

Some ideas:
- Notifications on the website (users can choose which notifications to get on the website, and which via e-mail);
- Longer recent activity, and split into sections (e.g. new comments, samples, proposals, follows, etc.);
- Basic HTML in comments (bold, italic, quotation);
- Editing and deleting comments;
- Displaying the date a sample was posted, instead of "xxxx days ago";
- Following/subscribing to users (if a user likes the music certain users post and/or follow, they can subscribe to them; a sort of a personal Recent Activity page would have a section that shows posted and followed samples by people they are subscribed to).

Also, I hope none of the old posts will be lost after the redesign.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

First of all THANK you so much for the GREAT feedback.
Most active, as in highest number of solved songs? I hope not. One user finds 50 songs by tapping the screen of their smartphone once, the other finds 20 songs by investing huge amounts of time, effort, expertise, and searching skills. Yes, Shazam is a perfectly valid way of finding songs, but I really don't think that user is the one who deserves a reward. Rewards and rankings also discourage teamwork.
I agree on this one. We just want to show our appreciation to the most active members and will put some more thinking over this

The rest of your ideas are also great and I will put them in the list.

librarian wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 12:36 pm
- Port the app to Android as well
Great.
- Improve the "Listen" experience by adding a player that can Play, FF and rewind.
Don't forget Pause.

Some ideas:
- Notifications on the website (users can choose which notifications to get on the website, and which via e-mail);
- Longer recent activity, and split into sections (e.g. new comments, samples, proposals, follows, etc.);
- Basic HTML in comments (bold, italic, quotation);
- Editing and deleting comments;
- Displaying the date a sample was posted, instead of "xxxx days ago";
- Following/subscribing to users (if a user likes the music certain users post and/or follow, they can subscribe to them; a sort of a personal Recent Activity page would have a section that shows posted and followed samples by people they are subscribed to).

Also, I hope none of the old posts will be lost after the redesign.
AEH1800

Post by AEH1800 »

Sometimes we made mistakes in writing prospals or messages or comments it would be better if there is an option to delete/edit a message/prospal/comment
ÆH
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

AEH1800 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 4:05 pm Sometimes we made mistakes in writing prospals or messages or comments it would be better if there is an option to delete/edit a message/prospal/comment
OK. Added to the list
zozinhoe

Post by zozinhoe »

Hi Czar,

First of all I would like to ask if you come from the EGT? (just out of curiosity)

Larger audio file (I hope this means they will be longer than 30 sec), miniplayer with Play/Pause button (like vocaro);
these are awesome!

About users motivation and ranking
Many users are active on the site in 0-24, they can answer within 1 minute using softwares and often brag about which one is faster. They could only be motivated by holding a competition.
Meanwhile, others who don’t use or can’t use software, search for a song for hours or even days.
And not to mention songs that are not available online at all (it also happened to me that I had to upload a song for identification).
As the ranking doesn't make any distinction between the answers, I don't feel it is fair.
My suggestion:
- answer that can be found with software, 1 point
- answer that cannot be found with software, 10 points
- answer that is not available at all on the Internet, 20 points.

Other suggestion: possibility to re-enter the »accidentally« rejected answer without extra characters or pauses.

Regards
Last edited by zozinhoe on Sun Sep 05, 2021 1:48 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Ƶ
Amusiclover3

Post by Amusiclover3 »

Czar wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:00 pm
Amusiclover3 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:45 pm i have two brilliant suggests for you guys here

1) is to have a phone verification log in so each time like google accounts to get a code to log in for back up also to a secure account
2) a big block button for spammer on peoples accounts

plz consider this it would be grate feature
Thank you for your suggestions. Greatly appreciated.

1. Phone verification will make registration a bit heavier and might not be OK for the new users. What is the idea behind this?
2. Could you please show some links and/or examples about those spammers?
here's a prime example one of my old accounts where i canr remember the log in details

https://www.watzatsong.com/en/profile/ladybugfana1
heya all i play the piano i spend my time upmixing old tv shows that i used to love from the cbbc channel i dont spend as much time playing my piano because i love to coveter it to MIDI so i can get the notes with AI im a very friendly guy im am openbook
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Dear Zozinhoe,

Thank you for your feedback. It's greatly appreciated.

To be honest, I am not very sure I know what EGT is? Could you please elaborate?
Larger audio file (I hope this means they will be longer than 30 sec), miniplayer with Play/Pause button (like vocaro);
these are awesome!
We first must check the legal aspect of this. In some countries, it's illegal to upload copyrighted audio files larger than 30 seconds. This can be definitely
increased for the humming and recordings. We will be of course more than happy to make this available to you if all OK from legal point of view.
Many users are active on the site in 0-24, they can answer within 1 minute using softwares and often brag about which one is faster. They could only be motivated by holding a competition.
This is for sure a very good idea and we will create such competitions with prizes.[/quote]
Meanwhile, others who don’t use or can’t use software, search for a song for hours or even days.
And not to mention songs that are not available online at all (it also happened to me that I had to upload a song for identification).
As the ranking doesn't make any distinction between the answers, I don't feel it is fair.
My suggestion:
Will take suggestions on this one before implementing. It would be hard to determine if the answer is discovered by a software or not. For sure, when a final decision is made, will ask you first to agree or not. Fairness will be of course very important!

zozinhoe wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:14 pm Hi Czar,

First of all I would like to ask if you come from the EGT? (just out of curiosity)

these are awesome!

About users motivation and ranking
My suggestion:

Other suggestion: possibility to re-enter the »accidentally« rejected answer without extra characters or pauses.

Regards
Ƶ
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

We will make it possible to restore accounts by user name only. You will of course receive the restore link in the email you registered with.

Amusiclover3 wrote: Fri Sep 03, 2021 6:27 pm
Czar wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 7:00 pm
Amusiclover3 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:45 pm i have two brilliant suggests for you guys here

1) is to have a phone verification log in so each time like google accounts to get a code to log in for back up also to a secure account
2) a big block button for spammer on peoples accounts

plz consider this it would be grate feature
Thank you for your suggestions. Greatly appreciated.

1. Phone verification will make registration a bit heavier and might not be OK for the new users. What is the idea behind this?
2. Could you please show some links and/or examples about those spammers?
here's a prime example one of my old accounts where i canr remember the log in details

https://www.watzatsong.com/en/profile/ladybugfana1
librarian

Post by librarian »

The point system might be a bit complicated. Unless there is a bot that can perform all these checks properly (which I doubt). I don't think anyone would want to manually check every answer with all existing recognition software, and also very extensively search for the song on the internet. IMO, the whole rewards thing is unnecessary.
As for the phone verification, please, don't add this. That is literally one of the things people hate about Google. It would deter a lot of potential new users. I know that, if I was asked for phone verification when I was registering, I wouldn't have been here now. And, I'm pretty sure plenty of other people feel the same.