New changes and Improvements. Your feedback is needed

Important announcements form the WatZatSong team
Czar
Site Admin

New changes and Improvements. Your feedback is needed

Post by Czar »

Dear watzatsong.com users,

As may be most of you already know, watzatsong.com has a new owner. I come from the gaming industry with huge communities and I promise to always take a very good care of you all!

I plan a lot of new changes and improvements and would like to share what I have so far. Your feedback and comments will be GREATLY appreciated :!:

- Make sure that the iOS app is working properly and for sure try my best to improve its functionality.
- Port the app to Android as well
- Change the website design with something better looking, but also simple to use.
- Improve the website "post a new sample" experience allowing all popular audio files to upload with bigger sizes. Ignore the special characters in the titles.
- Improve the system that sends conformation emails, forgotten password and other messages. I know it's currently very slow.
- Improve the error messages, which I am sure most of you have seen and made no sense.
- Improve the "Listen" experience by adding a player that can Play, FF and rewind.
- Improve the "Name this Song" by adding more functionality to pull videos/music from Yourtube and other popular services. In the Answer section, under “name this song” users be able to add links to Youtube, Itunes or other music services.
- Improve the email notifications
- Add an option for users to delete their posted songs within 5 minutes after posting if there is no answer already added.
- Add an option to answer your own sample and close it
- Improve the voting functionality when a proposal is posted.
- Fix the Ranking and add find a way to improve so users are more motivated to posts answers
- Improve the internal messaging system
- Implement Rewarding system for the most active members
- Better Spam system
- Report an abuse or spam content
- Limit how many posts some users can send (based on a seniority, contribution factors, etc)
- Improve the Quiz system and add more gamification and fun
- Implement a system that will not allow post duplication
- Notifications on the website (users can choose which notifications to get on the website, and which via e-mail);
- Longer recent activity, and split into sections (e.g. new comments, samples, proposals, follows, etc.);
- Basic HTML in comments (bold, italic, quotation);
- Editing and deleting comments;
- Displaying the date a sample was posted, instead of "xxxx days ago";
- Following/subscribing to users (if a user likes the music certain users post and/or follow, they can subscribe to them; a sort of a personal Recent Activity page would have a section that shows posted and followed samples by people they are subscribed to)
- Option to pay for premium positioning with Paypal
- Improve the mailbox functionality
- Stick the navigation bar at the top of the page
- Add tags to the posts
Last edited by Czar on Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hernan

Re: New changes and Improvements. Your feedback is needed

Post by Hernan »

Wait... are you telling Raphaël is no longer the owner? Color me shocked.
- H
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Hernan wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:21 pm Wait... are you telling Raphaël is no longer the owner? Color me shocked.
Dear Hernan,

You can read THIS
Amusiclover3

Post by Amusiclover3 »

i have two brilliant suggests for you guys here

1) is to have a phone verification log in so each time like google accounts to get a code to log in for back up also to a secure account
2) a big block button for spammer on peoples accounts

plz consider this it would be grate feature
heya all i play the piano i spend my time upmixing old tv shows that i used to love from the cbbc channel i dont spend as much time playing my piano because i love to coveter it to MIDI so i can get the notes with AI im a very friendly guy im am openbook
Amusiclover3

Post by Amusiclover3 »

soz that was meant to for spammers for peoples accounts for when wrong song
heya all i play the piano i spend my time upmixing old tv shows that i used to love from the cbbc channel i dont spend as much time playing my piano because i love to coveter it to MIDI so i can get the notes with AI im a very friendly guy im am openbook
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Amusiclover3 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:45 pm i have two brilliant suggests for you guys here

1) is to have a phone verification log in so each time like google accounts to get a code to log in for back up also to a secure account
2) a big block button for spammer on peoples accounts

plz consider this it would be grate feature
Thank you for your suggestions. Greatly appreciated.

1. Phone verification will make registration a bit heavier and might not be OK for the new users. What is the idea behind this?
2. Could you please show some links and/or examples about those spammers?
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Czar wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:26 pm
Hernan wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:21 pm Wait... are you telling Raphaël is no longer the owner? Color me shocked.
Dear Hernan,

You can read THIS
Maestro, I recently entered the forum. You haven't given me time to inspect the posts. That being said, I wasn't aware of that post. I just saw the lastest post in one of the main categories, I clicked it and here I am.
- H
Panne

Post by Panne »

It sometimes happens that people start posting songs, for which you find songs, but after a few weeks , they delete their profile , and the songs that you have found and for which you have received a score , have disappeared from the watzatsong database as well.
juance

Post by juance »

Maybe add an option for the sample to loop, so you don't have to click to replay.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Panne wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:02 pm It sometimes happens that people start posting songs, for which you find songs, but after a few weeks , they delete their profile , and the songs that you have found and for which you have received a score , have disappeared from the watzatsong database as well.
Will change it in a way to still keep the post when the user deletes his/her profile

Thanks