Announcement

Dear WatZatSong Community,

We hope this message finds you well.

First and foremost, we want to express our deepest gratitude for your unwavering support and dedication to WatZatSong.com. It's been an incredible journey, filled with countless moments of musical discovery and camaraderie. Your contributions to our community have been nothing short of extraordinary.

Now, we know it's been a while since we last gave our beloved website a fresh coat of paint. Eighteen years, to be exact. And we hear you – it's time for a change. That's why we're excited to announce that we're rolling up our sleeves and diving headfirst into a full-scale revamp of WatZatSong.com!

What does this mean for you? Well, get ready for a sleek, modern redesign that's as easy on the eyes as it is intuitive to navigate. We're cooking up some exciting new features that will take your song-naming adventures to new heights. And rest assured, we're not just focusing on looks – our team is hard at work behind the scenes to ensure that everything runs smoother and faster than ever before.

But here's the best part: none of this would be possible without you. Your passion for music is what drives us forward, and your feedback is what keeps us grounded. We want to hear from you every step of the way – What do you love about WatZatSong? What could we do better? Email us at [email protected] anytime. Consider this revamp as much yours as it is ours.

While we're eager to bring these changes to life, we want to be transparent: this process may take quite some time. So, we kindly ask for your understanding and patience.

Thank you again for being a part of our community. Here's to many more years of music discovery and friendship!

Warm regards,
WatZatSong Team

New changes and Improvements. Your feedback is needed

Important announcements form the WatZatSong team
Czar
Site Admin

New changes and Improvements. Your feedback is needed

Post by Czar »

Dear watzatsong.com users,

As may be most of you already know, watzatsong.com has a new owner. I come from the gaming industry with huge communities and I promise to always take a very good care of you all!

I plan a lot of new changes and improvements and would like to share what I have so far. Your feedback and comments will be GREATLY appreciated :!:

- Make sure that the iOS app is working properly and for sure try my best to improve its functionality.
- Port the app to Android as well
- Change the website design with something better looking, but also simple to use.
- Improve the website "post a new sample" experience allowing all popular audio files to upload with bigger sizes. Ignore the special characters in the titles.
- Improve the system that sends conformation emails, forgotten password and other messages. I know it's currently very slow.
- Improve the error messages, which I am sure most of you have seen and made no sense.
- Improve the "Listen" experience by adding a player that can Play, FF and rewind.
- Improve the "Name this Song" by adding more functionality to pull videos/music from Yourtube and other popular services. In the Answer section, under “name this song” users be able to add links to Youtube, Itunes or other music services.
- Improve the email notifications
- Add an option for users to delete their posted songs within 5 minutes after posting if there is no answer already added.
- Add an option to answer your own sample and close it
- Improve the voting functionality when a proposal is posted.
- Fix the Ranking and add find a way to improve so users are more motivated to posts answers
- Improve the internal messaging system
- Implement Rewarding system for the most active members
- Better Spam system
- Report an abuse or spam content
- Limit how many posts some users can send (based on a seniority, contribution factors, etc)
- Improve the Quiz system and add more gamification and fun
- Implement a system that will not allow post duplication
- Notifications on the website (users can choose which notifications to get on the website, and which via e-mail);
- Longer recent activity, and split into sections (e.g. new comments, samples, proposals, follows, etc.);
- Basic HTML in comments (bold, italic, quotation);
- Editing and deleting comments;
- Displaying the date a sample was posted, instead of "xxxx days ago";
- Following/subscribing to users (if a user likes the music certain users post and/or follow, they can subscribe to them; a sort of a personal Recent Activity page would have a section that shows posted and followed samples by people they are subscribed to)
- Option to pay for premium positioning with Paypal
- Improve the mailbox functionality
- Stick the navigation bar at the top of the page
- Add tags to the posts
Last edited by Czar on Sat Sep 18, 2021 9:13 pm, edited 5 times in total.
Hernan

Re: New changes and Improvements. Your feedback is needed

Post by Hernan »

Wait... are you telling Raphaël is no longer the owner? Color me shocked.
- H
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Hernan wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:21 pm Wait... are you telling Raphaël is no longer the owner? Color me shocked.
Dear Hernan,

You can read THIS
Amusiclover3

Post by Amusiclover3 »

i have two brilliant suggests for you guys here

1) is to have a phone verification log in so each time like google accounts to get a code to log in for back up also to a secure account
2) a big block button for spammer on peoples accounts

plz consider this it would be grate feature
heya all i play the piano i spend my time upmixing old tv shows that i used to love from the cbbc channel i dont spend as much time playing my piano because i love to coveter it to MIDI so i can get the notes with AI im a very friendly guy im am openbook
Amusiclover3

Post by Amusiclover3 »

soz that was meant to for spammers for peoples accounts for when wrong song
heya all i play the piano i spend my time upmixing old tv shows that i used to love from the cbbc channel i dont spend as much time playing my piano because i love to coveter it to MIDI so i can get the notes with AI im a very friendly guy im am openbook
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Amusiclover3 wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 6:45 pm i have two brilliant suggests for you guys here

1) is to have a phone verification log in so each time like google accounts to get a code to log in for back up also to a secure account
2) a big block button for spammer on peoples accounts

plz consider this it would be grate feature
Thank you for your suggestions. Greatly appreciated.

1. Phone verification will make registration a bit heavier and might not be OK for the new users. What is the idea behind this?
2. Could you please show some links and/or examples about those spammers?
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Czar wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:26 pm
Hernan wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 5:21 pm Wait... are you telling Raphaël is no longer the owner? Color me shocked.
Dear Hernan,

You can read THIS
Maestro, I recently entered the forum. You haven't given me time to inspect the posts. That being said, I wasn't aware of that post. I just saw the lastest post in one of the main categories, I clicked it and here I am.
- H
Panne

Post by Panne »

It sometimes happens that people start posting songs, for which you find songs, but after a few weeks , they delete their profile , and the songs that you have found and for which you have received a score , have disappeared from the watzatsong database as well.
juance

Post by juance »

Maybe add an option for the sample to loop, so you don't have to click to replay.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Panne wrote: Thu Sep 02, 2021 9:02 pm It sometimes happens that people start posting songs, for which you find songs, but after a few weeks , they delete their profile , and the songs that you have found and for which you have received a score , have disappeared from the watzatsong database as well.
Will change it in a way to still keep the post when the user deletes his/her profile

Thanks