Multiple profiles

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
user3322

Multiple profiles

Post by user3322 »

I think it's not a secret for anyone that some site members have multiple accounts. For example, one Mexican rock music lover.
It is not right. You need to figure out a way to restrict the accounts of the same site member.
Czar
Site Admin

Re: Multiple profiles

Post by Czar »

In general, this is a very hard task. IF a user wants to create multiple accounts it would very hard to stop, especially if they have very basic skills and know how to change their IP. Also, how do you know for sure that Mexican rock music lover is the same person?
user3322

Post by user3322 »

Czar wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 8:22 am In general, this is a very hard task. IF a user wants to create multiple accounts it would very hard to stop, especially if they have very basic skills and know how to change their IP. Also, how do you know for sure that Mexican rock music lover is the same person?
The evidence is clear, this user writes in Spanish, the style of music of his requests is easy to recognize and frequent signs in the comments to pay attention to his requests. Bruno has repeatedly published a list of his many profiles, both remote and active. When Bruno is here I think he will complement my comments.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Since Katy knows this details more, you can message her to limit some of his accounts.
Katynett

Post by Katynett »

I'm sorry but I have no way to limit these accounts and anyway I wouldn't do it without proof.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

I agree here. We can't start limiting accounts based on assumptions.
Katynett wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 10:36 am I'm sorry but I have no way to limit these accounts and anyway I wouldn't do it without proof.
user3322

Post by user3322 »

OK, but to prove everything here is not a complete list of accounts of this person https://www.watzatsong.com/en/name-that ... 11778.html
Panne

Post by Panne »

It is true that this person uses different accounts, then after a while he deleted his account and also the songs that i found for him were deleted from the database. Then i saw indeed that he continued posting same songs in the same style, but maybe he deleted his account by mystake ? The button to delete the account is easily in reach, and i am always afraid to click upon that button myself , lol.

It also happened 1 time with someone else, but that was several months ago : someone posted a request that was almost correct , and the one who posted the sample responded in the comments that this was very good and that he would find the song that he wanted thanks to his request. Then the person who posted the sample has finally found the song, and logged in with another account ,and confirmed the song for himself with his other account. But this only happened once in the whole year that i was here.
user3322

Post by user3322 »

I would not focus on this person, but once I found a rare song for him in Lithuanian (this song is not on YouTube) and he simply deleted this profile. Then I began to notice that this person creates new profiles and, having received answers, deletes it again.
Do you think admins can we tolerate this further?
bruno81

Post by bruno81 »

There are also multiple profiles to put +1. But as already said, it is difficult to fix this problem