new users who don't confirm proposals

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
Panne

Re: new users who don't confirm proposals

Post by Panne »

i get often a +1 for my proposals, but almost never a +2. Too few members support other members to give them a +1 (in my opinion). And i think that those members count upon the fact the the requestor will confirm it , and after 6 days it remains with only one +1 , and nobody listens to the songs again and/or they don't listen to the songs that we posted more than 6 days ago.

There is now a new category where can select to listen only to the songs "with proposals" and that is a good thing. But me, i haven't started yet doing that, i will first listen too all the songs in the past, and then i will start listening to that section. And i have given a lot of +1's for unconfirmed songs the last few weeks , i think it must be more than 100.

And yes, for that having done, i get nothing. Maybe you can think about a reward system of a kind of additional badge for those members, like you have introduced for members that are able to find a lot of songs.
Last edited by Panne on Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.
bruno81

Post by bruno81 »

Panne wrote: Fri Dec 03, 2021 11:19 am i get often a +1 for my proposals, but almost never a +2. Too few members support other members to give them a +1 (in my opinion). And i think that those members count upon the fact the the requestor will confirm it , and after 6 days it remains with only one +1 , and nobody listens to the songs again and/or they listen to the songs that we posted more than 6 days ago.

There is now a new category where can select to listen only to the songs "with proposals" and that is a good thing. But me, i haven't started yet doing that, i will first listen too all the songs in the past, and then i will start listening to that section. And i have given a lot of +1's for unconfirmed songs the last few weeks , i think it must be more than 100.

And yes, for that having done, i get nothing. Maybe you can think about a reward system of a kind of additional badge for those members, like you have introduced for members that are able to find a lot of songs.
Did I understand correctly, you want a reward because you put +1
Panne

Post by Panne »

Yes , why not ? But of course not counted in the ranking , because this has nothing to do with finding the song. So it should be a kind of SEPARATE addtional badge. What do you think about that ? Or do you think it doesn't make any sense ?

For the last few weeks i have done maybe 100 or more +1's of songs that were posted correctly. The problem is : the +1 system isn't used enough. If everyone would do like me, then a lot of those proposals will be confirmed, but there is no "incentive" to do it. Why should you do it , if you get no reward ?
lu80

Post by lu80 »

Czar wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:28 pmAs a fast solution to this, we can remove the rejected proposals from this list https://www.watzatsong.com/en/all/with-proposals. Will that work for you?
That'd actually do the trick, i guess.
It still wouldn't poke into the eye and remember people to upvote some pending proposals,
but it would at least enable people to find pending proposals a lot quicker.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

I was informed that our moderators use this filter the way it is and removing the rejected ones will make their work harder.
We were also discussing to allow users to have up to 3 unconfirmed proposals and to limit their posting until they confirm them.

lu80 wrote: Sat Dec 04, 2021 2:10 am
Czar wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:28 pmAs a fast solution to this, we can remove the rejected proposals from this list https://www.watzatsong.com/en/all/with-proposals. Will that work for you?
That'd actually do the trick, i guess.
It still wouldn't poke into the eye and remember people to upvote some pending proposals,
but it would at least enable people to find pending proposals a lot quicker.
user3322

Post by user3322 »

Unfortunately, new or even old members of the community do not read the site's rules of use (FAQs). Probably something needs to be changed during registration so that each new site member is obliged to read these rules!
Nanah

Post by Nanah »

I don't like when unconfirmed proposals stand for days. Here I contacted the requester in a private message ( twice ), no reaction:

https://www.watzatsong.com/en/name-that ... 29046.html

Then I wrote a comment for moderation: "I need "Refuse All" here because the requestor does not confirm and I have no votes" but my comment disappeared and the moderator did not reject my suggestions. This was also discussed with the previous administration, but the practice has been maintained that only moderators and requestors can reject the proposal. We have no power over our proposals.

I understand that the moderator cannot reject the correct suggestion or what he/she thinks could be the correct suggestion ( mine is probably correct but there are hundreds of similar songs and requestors don't always sing properly, sometimes the question remains "What if it's not that?" and this obviously bothers my hesitant voters as well ) but there doesn’t seem to be a mechanism to deal with cases like this. My request for refusal is based on the fact that the same requestor confirmed my proposal on her previous request and that I have no votes ( I usually get at least one or two ). I'm stuck with this proposal now.

It’s a gray area - I can’t get confirmation, I can’t get a rejection, and I can't get votes - there is no solution.

I have no dilemma, it is better to reject everything that is not 100% sure. Certainly, this would lead to more unresolved cases. My idea is to simply delete such requests where someone is singing or playing - if the proposals are not confirmed/rejected in a month or two. I don’t see why keep such demands if even those who post them aren’t interested. This mainly applies to requests where requestors sing or play an instrument and of course - if they are with proposals. It would be ideal if such requests were deleted automatically, I don't know if it is possible to achieve that.

This would also solve the problem with requests where we don't dare to make an official proposal so we ask in the comments "Is this your song?" and requestors never respond. Example:

https://www.watzatsong.com/en/name-that ... 28470.html

If there were automatic removal ( or automatic rejection? ) of such requests then we would dare to make official proposals everywhere. Finally, there are moderators who could manually reject proposals - if we ask and if you think this is a better solution. Requests where requestors are active and regularly reject wrong proposals should be privileged and remain on the site until someone resolves them.
Nance83

Post by Nance83 »

If you are 100% sure of your proposal, with a matching sample, I would suggest to bump your proposal with ++ in hope other members will vote for it and close the request sooner.

I like to listen the "not listened" sample, everytime I try to upvote song I'm sure match.

Badges come and go, so I don't really care. I respect the general work of people on the site, but of course there will be always people who don't confirm their proposal, etc. It's even trickier when it a sample with their voice/instrument so you can never be sure it's the right answer or not...
goodcall

Post by goodcall »

The +1 system just doesn't work well at all. My opinion is that the admin actually made it worse by increasing the required +1's to 3 total for an auto-accept. I still have my questions unanswered as to the time frame that these +1's have to occur.

viewtopic.php?t=174

The 7 day limit is good - but my understanding is that any old posts won't respond to +1's. What is considered old? Last I heard - it was 6 months but I don't really know - which is why I asked.

I would rather have the option of deleting all(or each) of MY pending proposals. If posters don't confirm, then no offense - but they don't deserve to be able to come back and see the actual correct proposal waiting on +1's that likely will never come. I would rather show them nothing at that point. A "clean" pending is what I'm looking for! Think about all of the unconfirmed proposals from some of the biggest contributors from the past and present.

https://www.watzatsong.com/en/profile/d ... gProposals

How does one accumulate hundreds of unconfirmed proposals and still wish to continue to help others on this site? I really don't know the answer. Each person has their own motivation; but mine waned dramatically about 500 days ago. Have a look at my profile slogan.
Nanah

Post by Nanah »

Nance83 wrote: Wed Jan 19, 2022 12:12 am If you are 100% sure of your proposal, with a matching sample, I would suggest to bump your proposal with ++ in hope other members will vote for it and close the request sooner.
Hi Nance83, it's not a question of whether I am sure or not; most of the time I am sure and I rarely make mistakes because I try not to. It's all about this: we must have a safety zone after such proposals. This is an old problem on the site and I've seen a lot of proposals of this type: "I'm not-so-sure-why-I/he/she proposed this nonsense". That’s why I only propose when I’m almost 100% sure, because I don’t like wrongly closed suggestions.

To ask for ++ for my own proposals is kind of beneath my honor, I can only do that for others. I vote for others but I don't ask for ++ for others, like you've been doing lately. I have my reasons and I will explain them to you in private if you wanna know. :mrgreen:

TBH, I can always get the votes. I have enough friends but I want to point out this problem. Of course, posting new requests should be blocked for all those who have unconfirmed proposals, but even that is not a complete solution because there are users who will simply open a new profile or will never need the site again.

My focus is on unknown and good retro songs, so I can completely abandon voice recognition and deciphering the rappers whose lyrics make me sick and sometimes I want to do it, because things like this annoy me and I don't want to bother with that. But, there are always songs that only I can solve - it’s just like that - proven in hundreds of cases. I can't leave those people unanswered. Speaking of which, there are a lot of people on the site who I noticed don't respond to samples where someone sings - maybe for this reason? They don’t want "to beg" for votes and maybe the option to undo the proposal would encourage them to submit more proposals?

Briefly: I think that we need at least the cooperation of the moderators who will reject our proposals - at our request.