new users who don't confirm proposals

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
BookOfBen

new users who don't confirm proposals

Post by BookOfBen »

We've all seen it.
You post a proposal, and days later, it's still not confirmed or rejected. You go to the requester's profile, and see: 0 proposals, 0 follows 1 open sample. The sample that you just answered. You resign yourself to the fact that they came here with the singular purpose of getting the name of their song, and having gotten what they wanted, they've disappeared.

Is there a way to fix this? Perhaps the community can brainstorm ways to prevent this from happening so often. Do we have data on what factors lead to this happening?
Czar
Site Admin

Re: new users who don't confirm proposals

Post by Czar »

This has been discussed several times already and we are open to any suggestions. Our moderators are trying to go trough most of the samples, but of course they are unable to check all.
May be we can increase our team with more moderators with less rights to only approve such samples.
bruno81

Post by bruno81 »

There is already the +1 system, right? And above all, block new posts as long as we have not validated / Rejected an answer
dage

Post by dage »

Need to increase some thresholds,Otherwise, everyone just came here for free and didn’t think about giving,Otherwise, new users get their own answers and never think about giving them to others.
dage

Post by dage »

confirm proposals to activate ,the release of a new sample +1,

Or pay at least $0.1 per sample

I want to know if you can understand what I mean

Probably meaning, not thoughtful enough
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Any other suggestions?
lu80

Post by lu80 »

Czar wrote: Fri Nov 19, 2021 4:09 pm Any other suggestions?
yes.
what about giving users with 20 (or maybe more) named samples, the status "watzatsong regular".
users like that are obviously interested in the community.
and a user who got that status will see an additional list after "Recently Named" and "RECENT ACTIVITY" which could be called "Recent Proposals",
where proposals are listed that are maybe 7 days old and haven't been accepted yet.

this will have the effect that users who care about the community could look into that list every now and then and upvote correct proposals.

EDIT:
just to be a bit more clear, why not showing that list to every registered user?
to prevent users who just registered for fun to upvote wrong proposals.
yes, those users already can do that, but a list as noticeable as those on the main page, does give a different incentive than having to look for recent proposals yourself.

and the https://watzatsong.com/en/all/with-proposals list isn't the same, as it also contains samples with no current but rejected proposals.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Thank you Lu for your suggestions. Answers below:
Q:what about giving users with 20 (or maybe more) named samples, the status "watzatsong regular".
A: Those users are getting Bronze badges

Q: and a user who got that status will see an additional list after "Recently Named" and "RECENT ACTIVITY" which could be called "Recent Proposals",
A: "Recent Proposals" are now part of "Recent Activities" You want that in a completely different section? What others think about this suggestion?
lu80

Post by lu80 »

Czar wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:09 amA: "Recent Proposals" are now part of "Recent Activities" You want that in a completely different section?
That's correct.
The problem we have is, that proposals are not accepted.
I know recent proposals are part of the recent activities, but that doesn't solve the problem.
We need a list that shows proposals, that haven't been accepted yet.

As i already mentioned, this list https://www.watzatsong.com/en/all/with-proposals can't be used for this, as that list also contains rejected proposals.

So what is need is a list that is easily accessible for users who take solving songs serious.
A list that shows samples that have pending proposals and the option maybe to sort it by newest to oldest sample and oldest to newest sample.

That will easily allow users to click through that list and upvote correct proposals.

Right now such a list doesn't exists to my knowledge and you have to filter the https://www.watzatsong.com/en/all/with-proposals yourself, which is additional work people shouldn't have, who volunteer to do that job.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

As a fast solution to this, we can remove the rejected proposals from this list https://www.watzatsong.com/en/all/with-proposals. Will that work for you?
There is just not space to also put a list of proposals and I think the filter is a good solution. What do you think?

lu80 wrote: Thu Dec 02, 2021 8:14 pm
Czar wrote: Wed Dec 01, 2021 10:09 amA: "Recent Proposals" are now part of "Recent Activities" You want that in a completely different section?
That's correct.
The problem we have is, that proposals are not accepted.
I know recent proposals are part of the recent activities, but that doesn't solve the problem.
We need a list that shows proposals, that haven't been accepted yet.

As i already mentioned, this list https://www.watzatsong.com/en/all/with-proposals can't be used for this, as that list also contains rejected proposals.

So what is need is a list that is easily accessible for users who take solving songs serious.
A list that shows samples that have pending proposals and the option maybe to sort it by newest to oldest sample and oldest to newest sample.

That will easily allow users to click through that list and upvote correct proposals.

Right now such a list doesn't exists to my knowledge and you have to filter the https://www.watzatsong.com/en/all/with-proposals yourself, which is additional work people shouldn't have, who volunteer to do that job.