A new page

Important announcements form the WatZatSong team
TheMoutch

A new page

Post by TheMoutch »

Summer 2005 : my flatmate Thibault and I were living in London and listening to music when we heard that song. None of us knew who the artist was and Thibault came up with that brillant idea: "wouldn't it be great to have a website where you could sing a tune and people would listen and tell you what that is?".
We called my friend Erez, who was in the U.S., and the three of us started working. On June 21st 2006, for the French "Fête de la musique" we launched WatZatSong.

We quickly got some attention in France, and then abroad. It was amazing to see the WatZatSong community become a reality. Before starting WatZatSong, I thought I was unbeatable at music quizzes. In a few months, the community was joined by members much more knowledgeable than me and many people, who sometimes had a tune stuck in their heads for decades, got their tunes named.

Along the years, we've got help from some very cool interns (Mélanie, Camille, Jean-Noël) and I met the amazing Phil Jeudy in 2008 who helped take WatZatSong to the next level and bring visibility in the U.S. as well.

Seeing the community take shape was definitely the best reward of all. I was lucky to meet amazing members. Amongst them, I want to say a huge THANK YOU to Katy(nett) who's been giving a tremendous help as a moderator for many years now. She's really been an invaluable help. Amongst my best memories, I also remember being invited to WatZatNights organized by members themselves and having a lot of fun. Some people met on WatZatSong and I feel very emotional when I think that there even is a WatZatBaby.

Life has taken me to different places recently and it's been harder and harder to find time to look after WatZatSong and fix all the things that needed care. That was a big frustration. I've been talking to many of you over the last few years, trying to find someone that would have the passion, the skills and the time to take the lead and give it a new boost. I met Yavor a few months ago and after talking to him extensively, learning about the team he's working with and appreciating the respect he showed when talking about the community, I believe he has what's needed to write a new chapter of WatZatSong.

WatZatSong is the project I'm the most proud of and I can't thank you all enough for these 15 years and all the great memories gathered along the way. I’ll follow the next steps closely, with a bit of nostalgia for sure.

Yavor, good luck, please give all the care you can to this amazing community, and here's to many more years of WatZatSong!

TheMoutch / Raphael
Czar
Site Admin

Re: A new page

Post by Czar »

Dear Raphael,

Thank you for the great work you've done all these years. Watzatsong.com has a great community that our team will take a very good care of. I am sure you will be still sticking around so you won't be missed that much by your friends here.

We wish you best of luck!
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

I wasn't expecting you stepping down as the owner. You have always been nice to me when it came to issues and all that stuff. Hope for the best wherever you land.
- H
morback

Post by morback »

Thank you very much for site. I'm old user here, but today rarely use it and hope to have more time for this in future