wtz_fan special account

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
bruno81

wtz_fan special account

Post by bruno81 »

I noticed two issues with this account

1- How to understand that it is a special account? Members then comment that they will never get a response from the poster. I myself, who am nevertheless a regular on the site, did not understand it
https://www.watzatsong.com/fr/name-that ... 22451.html

2- What is the use of keeping queries deleted by the requester that have no followers? I think they should be deleted
BookOfBen

Re: wtz_fan special account

Post by BookOfBen »

Perhaps a badge with a symbol to indicate that the account is inactive (like a face with crossed out eyes, or a robot face).
Or change the name of the account to "[deleted]"
Or give it a profile picture to differentiate it from other users (like a robot face, or a red X)
BookOfBen

Post by BookOfBen »

It's also worth considering that some samples have personal conversations in the background, and privacy-conscious users might not want those conversations floating about on the internet even after they delete their account.

Also, even if there are no followers on a query, there might be people who've bookmarked the page or shared a link to the page.

Personally, I think that if a user wants to delete a query, or a comment, then they should be able to. If they delete their account, there should be a checkbox of "delete all queries and comments" maybe with some text underneath, explaining why they shouldn't delete it all.
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

We will change this ASAP. Thank you for your suggestion

BookOfBen wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 12:59 am Perhaps a badge with a symbol to indicate that the account is inactive (like a face with crossed out eyes, or a robot face).
Or change the name of the account to "[deleted]"
Or give it a profile picture to differentiate it from other users (like a robot face, or a red X)
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

When users were deleting their accounts in the past, all of their post/tracks, comments and activity were also deleted. We've received many complaints about this and that's why we've implemented this functionality.
As you know we have a private messaging system for private conversations and whatever they posted publicly will stay public...I don't think giving them an option to delete their activity is a good idea as it will be in 99% of the cases the same as before.
BookOfBen wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 1:22 am It's also worth considering that some samples have personal conversations in the background, and privacy-conscious users might not want those conversations floating about on the internet even after they delete their account.

Also, even if there are no followers on a query, there might be people who've bookmarked the page or shared a link to the page.

Personally, I think that if a user wants to delete a query, or a comment, then they should be able to. If they delete their account, there should be a checkbox of "delete all queries and comments" maybe with some text underneath, explaining why they shouldn't delete it all.
bruno81

Post by bruno81 »

You did not answer my question

What is the use of keeping queries deleted by the requester that have no followers?
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Well at the time of deletion they might not have, but may be later...

bruno81 wrote: Sun Nov 07, 2021 5:46 pm You did not answer my question

What is the use of keeping queries deleted by the requester that have no followers?