Slowed and Reverb

Discuss anything general about music and songs
BookOfBen

Slowed and Reverb

Post by BookOfBen »

I get that some people like it, but. There's a part of me that feels that it's a little disrespectful to the original music artist. With remixes and cover versions, you're getting someone else's interpretation of the song, and that's interesting to experience, but "slowed and reverb" is just passing it through the same process as you do for every other "slowed and reverb" song. The song sounds different, yes, but it doesn't sound much different in a meaningful way.

What's your thoughts on "slowed and reverb" versions of songs?
Nance83

Re: Slowed and Reverb

Post by Nance83 »

I see 'slowed' as a form of remix and even find some better than the original.
I found "Lay All Your Love On Me" by ABBA more interesting slowed a little bit, same thing with "Fahrradsattel" by Pisse or "Hey Lover" by Daughters of Eve.

But I'm also a fan of the vaporwave style too, slowed can give a more dreamy / night vibe that I like in general.

But I tend to not like 'nightcore' remix.
Last edited by Nance83 on Thu Jan 13, 2022 1:13 am, edited 1 time in total.
Nance83

Post by Nance83 »

I don't think all slowed song of the same song are alike, some you got more of the original voice, some can be too slow or not enough and don't have the same hook as other slowed song.
Nance83

Post by Nance83 »

BookOfBen wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 10:30 am The song sounds different, yes, but it doesn't sound much different in a meaningful way.
Example with Lay All Your Love On Me:
OG: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2seCB54Bv-c
Slowed: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=K2ptVrQjTBM
Slower: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8xYXQTElY9o
For me the 2 slowed songs sound completely different and don't have the same vibe.
finishhonda

Post by finishhonda »

Not all slower versions of the same song are the same penalty kick online in my opinion; some include more of the original vocals.
lilycollins9x

Post by lilycollins9x »

I understand your point of view. Indeed, slowed and reverb versions of songs can sometimes seem like they're just passing the original song through the same process every time. This can be seen as disrespectful to the original artist, as it doesn't add anything new or creative to the song. Slowed and reverb versions of songs can be a way for people to connect with music on a deeper levelfnaf. The slower tempo and added reverb can create a more immersive and emotional experience for the listener.
Konliner

Post by Konliner »

finishhonda wrote: Tue Nov 14, 2023 4:36 am Not all slower versions of the same song are the same penalty kick online in my opinion; some include more of the original vocals.
Same original, why is there any difference? I don't really understand this issue.
Fun Games