Recent Changes

Important announcements form the WatZatSong team
admin
Site Admin

Recent Changes

Post by admin »

Dear Friends,

As some of you have already noticed, we're making website improvements every day. Below is a short list of of the recent changes:

1. We've added support for Apple devices and Safari.
2. We've introduced a new comments system where you have a basic editor and an option to reply to previous comments
3.We've added a mini player to the samples so you can fast forward or remind. The samples are also looping
4.We've added an option for the post owner and the proposer to edit the YouTube video link in case it's not the correct one
5.We've improved the user experience when opening the website on a mobile device
6. We've increased the number of symbols allowed in the messaging system to 2000
7. We've added a number next to your mailbox showing the number of new messages you've received
8. We've replaced the "Anonymous" user that was listed for older posts to the real user that have made the post
9. Resizing your message box for longer messages should not cause issues anymore
10. We've added an option to remove the ads for those of you that don't want to see banners anymore
11. We've increased the number of symbols in the "Add a few words about you here" section to 1000
12. The iPhone app sign in system has been changed and now you can also log in with Facebook
13. Brand new appreciation badge system has been presented. More details - viewtopic.php?t=117
14. We've added a number(top right corner in a circle), showing the approved proposals each user has the current month
15. We've added information about the comments each post has. You can see the number next to the "follow' link on the home page
16. We've added an option to delete your post within 5 minutes in case you made a mistakes. Posts with proposals and comments cannot be deleted
17. Users with unconfirmed proposals get a reminder with post links every time they try to upload or record a new sample
18. Improved mobile version

Please post your feedback. Thank you
user3322

Re: Recent Changes

Post by user3322 »

Thank you! These are really good changes to make the site work better.
dage

Post by dage »

good,Can be listed,Listed company,
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Not sure I understand your comment?
dage wrote: Fri Oct 15, 2021 4:09 pm good,Can be listed,Listed company,
Nanah

Post by Nanah »

admin wrote: Wed Oct 13, 2021 9:06 am Dear Friends,

As some of you have already noticed, we're making website improvements every day. Below is a short list of of the recent changes:

1. We've added support for Apple devices and Safari.
2. We've introduced a new comments system where you have a basic editor and an option to reply to previous comments
3.We've added a mini player to the samples so you can fast forward or remind. The samples are also looping
4.We've added an option for the post owner and the proposer to edit the YouTube video link in case it's not the correct one
5.We've improved the user experience when opening the website on a mobile device
6. We've increased the number of symbols allowed in the messaging system to 2000
7. We've added a number next to your mailbox showing the number of new messages you've received
8. We've replaced the "Anonymous" user that was listed for older posts to the real user that have made the post
9. Resizing your message box for longer messages should not cause issues anymore
10.We've added an option to remove the ads for those of you that don't want to see banners anymore
11.We've increased the number of symbols in the "Add a few words about you here" section to 1000

Please post your feedback. Thank you

There are a lot of great changes happening, even on a daily basis - I can barely notice everything.

I'm grateful to the new WZS team and many members of WZS for giving their ideas and feedbacks ( especially @user 3322, who raised a lot of issues that bother me personally and all of us in general ). All this communication has resulted in great changes. I have to admit that I thought some of these changes were impossible to implement or that we had no right to ask for them. In both cases, you have convinced us otherwise and truly deserved our respect.

As for the changes, there are those that are very important and less important but useful for the overall experience of using the site.

Automatic confirmation is something that is very important ( I believe that 30-50% of requesters never confirm correct suggestions ) and that system should be as perfect as possible. It's also a big problem when the requestors do not reject the proposal, so we should consider some kind of automatic rejection or that we can contact the cleaners and ask them to reject some of our proposals because the requestors ignore it. There is still work to be done in this area and the best possible solutions need to be found.

I will elaborate what I personally find useful on this list above:

2. The new comment system – Any kind of editing given to users is always a welcomed addition.

3. The new player – This was strange to me at first and I couldn't immediately judge whether it was a good or bad change. However, now I’m thrilled, I adore this looping thing because it helps in the search. When we analyze lyrics, we used to have to constantly press the Play button. Now we don't have to, which makes it very easy and faster to search for lyrics. Saves time and nerves.

4. Edit the YouTube video link – This is amazing! Now I can change videos in my closed samples, because the archive of old songs is precious to me and I often come back to it. No one can remember all those songs, so the WZS archive is actually quite an useful thing. It’s very nice to see a request with the right video.

6. Increased number of symbols allowed in the messaging system – Also very useful, because some of us like to talk a lot. :mrgreen:

7. Number next to our Mailbox – Perfect idea, we really needed this. There were a lot of people who didn’t pay attention to Mailbox at all. I believe that this novelty is useful for both members and admins, because the chances that the private message will remain unread are now reduced to a minimum.

8. "Anonymous" users got their nicknames back – I discovered this change 2 days ago and couldn’t believe that I was finally able to see the nicknames of some of the old requestors and that I could go into their profiles and listen to other songs, plus - communicate with that applicant if needed. Great change!

9. Resizing our message box – In short: useful.

10. "Remove the ads" option – Personally, ads don't bother me much, but this is an useful option for those who don't like it.

11. Increased number of symbols in the "Add a few words about you here" section – This is fantastic, at least for some of us. It happened that I lacked the space to write what I wanted. As I mostly write my favorite songs every week for a few years now ( so I can show to the other members some good songs they may have missed ) and it happens that I have to list more than 10 songs and sometimes links as well. There I often had to shorten the written content, which was irritating.
juance

Post by juance »

Thanks for implementing my suggestion of looping samples. It's the only feature I really wished for.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

More features and changes from the last few days:
- The iPhone app sign in system has been changed and now you can also log in with Facebook
- Brand new appreciation badge system has been presented. More details - viewtopic.php?t=117
_ We've added a number(top right corner in a circle), showing the approved proposals each user has the current month
- We've added information about the comments each post has. You can see the number next to the "follow' link on the home page
- We've added an option to delete your post within 5 minutes in case you made a mistakes. Posts with proposals and comments cannot be deleted
- Users with unconfirmed proposals get a reminder with post links every time they try to upload or record a new sample
- Improved mobile version
AndresL

Post by AndresL »

juance wrote: Tue Oct 19, 2021 6:29 am Thanks for implementing my suggestion of looping samples. It's the only feature I really wished for.
Indeed, it is the best thing ever happened to this website.
mme_rita

Post by mme_rita »

I'd liked to put sometimes a jpeg in the comments (artist review, Cd cover, score, a.s.o.) ... is it possible ?
admin
Site Admin

Post by admin »

So you would like us to add images support to the comments section?
mme_rita wrote: Tue Oct 26, 2021 8:28 pm I'd liked to put sometimes a jpeg in the comments (artist review, Cd cover, score, a.s.o.) ... is it possible ?