Multiple profiles

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
user3322

Re: Multiple profiles

Post by user3322 »

bruno81 wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 1:18 pm There are also multiple profiles to put +1. But as already said, it is difficult to fix this problem
And this is all Bruno? But you have always criticized many of the profiles of this person. What happened, maybe you're afraid to confess?
Panne

Post by Panne »

I don't know if the WTZ program is capable of checking the IP address of the profiles. If this is possible, the program could prevent that a proposal can be confirmed, if the IP-address of the one with the sample and the IP-address of the one with the proposal are the same. Same thing for putting +1 : the WTZ program could prevent doing it , if both IP-addresses are the same. But yes, in the extreme case, someone could go and go to the the house of their friend(s) and confirm it there, but i think it is less probable that such thing would happen.
Panne

Post by Panne »

And for user322 : i had already asked in the beginning (of this forum) , that , if someone deletes his/her profile, that then the found/solved samples would be preserved in the WTZ database. Because , then also the samples that we had solved got deleted from our profile. And there has been responded in the forum that this would be solved. But i don't know if this is already implemented in the new WTZ program.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

This can be very easily manipulated by using a VPN, turning your network device on/off (usually you get a new IP) using your 5G phone instead, etc, etc...
Panne wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:27 pm I don't know if the WTZ program is capable of checking the IP address of the profiles. If this is possible, the program could prevent that a proposal can be confirmed, if the IP-address of the one with the sample and the IP-address of the one with the proposal are the same. Same thing for putting +1 : the WTZ program could prevent doing it , if both IP-addresses are the same. But yes, in the extreme case, someone could go and go to the the house of their friend(s) and confirm it there, but i think it is less probable that such thing would happen.
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Everything from deleted accounts is moved over to a system default user wtz_fan

Panne wrote: Wed Nov 17, 2021 5:31 pm And for user322 : i had already asked in the beginning (of this forum) , that , if someone deletes his/her profile, that then the found/solved samples would be preserved in the WTZ database. Because , then also the samples that we had solved got deleted from our profile. And there has been responded in the forum that this would be solved. But i don't know if this is already implemented in the new WTZ program.
Panne

Post by Panne »

Yes, but i think that nobody is cheating like that . And anyway, we will always find out one way or another . And there are no reasons why someone should do that here in WTZ.
BookOfBen

Post by BookOfBen »

I'd like to think that anyone smart enough to figure out how to change their IP is smart enough to figure out that there's no real benefit to cheating on a small community site.

But then again, people cheated on the Fall Guys videogame. So 🤷🏽‍♂️