New business model = win win win? YOUR FEEDBACK IS NEEDED!!!

Suggestions and comments should be left here.
BookOfBen

Re: new business model = win win win?

Post by BookOfBen »

lu80 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:38 am 2.About the duplicate answer concern.
It always takes two for that.
I mean, people who upload a sample want to know which song it is, so i think it's pretty unlikely they chose the wrong answer.
I don't mean that the cheater proposes a wrong answer. I mean
  1. cheater sees a sample that has been answered, but not yet accepted
  2. cheater sees that the proposal is Toxic by Britney Spears, and after listening, knows that the proposal is correct
  3. cheater proposes Toxic by Britney Spears
  4. requester sees two identical proposals for their sample
  5. requester doesn't know which proposal was first, so randomly chooses one of the two proposals to receive the reward
  6. cheater has a 50/50 chance of taking the reward
Hernan

Re: new business model = win win win?

Post by Hernan »

BookOfBen wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 8:13 am
lu80 wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 3:38 am 2.About the duplicate answer concern.
It always takes two for that.
I mean, people who upload a sample want to know which song it is, so i think it's pretty unlikely they chose the wrong answer.
I don't mean that the cheater proposes a wrong answer. I mean
  1. cheater sees a sample that has been answered, but not yet accepted
  2. cheater sees that the proposal is Toxic by Britney Spears, and after listening, knows that the proposal is correct
  3. cheater proposes Toxic by Britney Spears
  4. requester sees two identical proposals for their sample
  5. requester doesn't know which proposal was first, so randomly chooses one of the two proposals to receive the reward
  6. cheater has a 50/50 chance of taking the reward
Yeah, Ben is right. The downside of the posts is that outside of mins/hours/days, it doesn't specify *exactly* when the proposal/comments were made. This is pretty opposed to the forums. Now, the site should brisk and change that, so this prevents bozos doing that.
- H
NEOTON

Re: New business model = win win win? YOUR FEEDBACK IS NEEDED!!!

Post by NEOTON »

Absolutely against such an idea.Something else to motivate the Shazamers here.No need.Instead of reducing the crowds of crooks on the site we will attract them with more extras.Absurd!!!
NEOTON

Post by NEOTON »

And something else..Such an idea is possible only if equality for all members.For example, I would suggest adding only requests,that cannot be found through software.And without that many people use the site why they are too lazy to search in the software and others do not even know,that there are programs for recognizing.
bruno81

Post by bruno81 »

I find no interest and do not understand this motivation with money. I am absolutely against this kind of far-fetched proposition.
morback

Post by morback »

I'm against this idea because it's useless and even can be harmful
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Thank you Neoton for your comments.
Not everyone knows about Shazam, etc. and some users come to watzatsong.com because they find us first on Google. Having in mind your comments below, you are missing the main point of watzatsong.com which is helping others find the songs they are looking for. No matter how.
I also understand your concern about using a software to find some of the songs, but you can also do it, everyone can do it and get the reward (if one is offered of course)
NEOTON wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 11:31 am And something else..Such an idea is possible only if equality for all members.For example, I would suggest adding only requests,that cannot be found through software.And without that many people use the site why they are too lazy to search in the software and others do not even know,that there are programs for recognizing.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

Czar wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:10 pm Thank you Neoton for your comments.
Not everyone knows about Shazam, etc. and some users come to watzatsong.com because they find us first on Google. Having in mind your comments below, you are missing the main point of watzatsong.com which is helping others find the songs they are looking for. No matter how.
I also understand your concern about using a software to find some of the songs, but you can also do it, everyone can do it and get the reward (if one is offered of course)
I'm sure you have got this idea right from your armpit. If you search on Google "music identifier", Shazam comes as one of the very first results, like many other softwares, so don't come out by saying "not everybody knows Shazam" because this is not correct.

As far as my opinion comes, I'm against it. I'm one of those that prefer searching by their own. One example I have in my hobby is about people using Shazam for licensed production libraries like APM Music, Extreme Music, Warner/Chappel Production Music among others. If I know which site "x" company uses, I search from there using tags that help me out. I'm old fashioned. Many people don't know this because I prefer not to post them since I can find them on my own.
- H
Czar
Site Admin

Post by Czar »

Of course not everyone knows Shazam and people come to watzatsong.com searching for a big variety of terms, such as "what that song" for example where we are before Shazam (in most countries)

Hernan wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 2:44 pm
Czar wrote: Tue Oct 12, 2021 1:10 pm Thank you Neoton for your comments.
I'm sure you have got this idea right from your armpit. If you search on Google "music identifier", Shazam comes as one of the very first results, like many other softwares, so don't come out by saying "not everybody knows Shazam" because this is not correct.

As far as my opinion comes, I'm against it. I'm one of those that prefer searching by their own. One example I have in my hobby is about people using Shazam for licensed production libraries like APM Music, Extreme Music, Warner/Chappel Production Music among others. If I know which site "x" company uses, I search from there using tags that help me out. I'm old fashioned. Many people don't know this because I prefer not to post them since I can find them on my own.
Hernan

Post by Hernan »

So, I was issued a warning just because I disagreed with Czar and the posts were removed. Incredible.
- H